• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aircon for 100% dedicated home office

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    Thanks. This is where I came into this discussion and I've seen nothing to change my opinion. Others, like our esteemed financial contractor can hide under the bedclothes if they so wish, but they're missing out on a great deal of tax planning if they choose to do so.
    Very true from the guy that wears trolling like a badge of honour. Just like you were banging the bell of IPSE for years. Until it got proven wrong. Then all of a sudden you changed tact and your signature now mocks the same organisation you pushed for years.

In a couple of years your signature will no doubt include the downsides of Covid-19 tax planning. Just like your foresight saw IPSE coming.

It is a warm day however. Best time to put your expenses in to an incorporated company to get air conditioning for your ‘home’.....

Comment

Originally posted by Finance Contractor View Post
      Very true from the guy that wears trolling like a badge of honour. Just like you were banging the bell of IPSE for years. Until it got proven wrong. Then all of a sudden you changed tact and your signature now mocks the same organisation you pushed for years.

In a couple of years your signature will no doubt include the downsides of Covid-19 tax planning. Just like your foresight saw IPSE coming.

It is a warm day however. Best time to put your expenses in to an incorporated company to get air conditioning for your ‘home’.....
      That's somewhat unfair.

Quite a few of us thought IPSE were the organisation to pin our flags to. They had good provenance and many gave them the benefit of the doubt as things changed. There is absolutely no shame in changing your mind about anything - it's a sign of maturity to acknowledge that times and ways change such that a previously held opinion is no longer correct.

I presume, by your statement, that you have always been 100% spot on, error free and without any change of mind/heart for your entire life and are therefore fully qualified to be casting that stone. I doubt it but happy to see fully documented evidence...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        That's somewhat unfair.

Quite a few of us thought IPSE were the organisation to pin our flags to. They had good provenance and many gave them the benefit of the doubt as things changed. There is absolutely no shame in changing your mind about anything - it's a sign of maturity to acknowledge that times and ways change such that a previously held opinion is no longer correct.

I presume, by your statement, that you have always been 100% spot on, error free and without any change of mind/heart for your entire life and are therefore fully qualified to be casting that stone. I doubt it but happy to see fully documented evidence...
        A very ironic interpretation you have given the times we live in. Maybe the contractor community deserves IR35 if it’s position on everything HMRC related is ‘we thought it was right until we were told it was wrong’.

There is a thing called personal responsibility. Riding every piece of ‘advice’ to maximise tax advantages until being told it is wrong is counter intuitive beyond belief. You can mock me all you want but this is an easy ride for too many given they get away with ‘okay, well I didn’t know’ while actual limited companies out there wouldn’t claim for the exact same expenses.

I get it, maximise tax blah blah blah. But picking specific pages out of HMRC’s website without the pre-requisite to get to that page and then claiming ignorance can only go so far.

Comment

A very ironic interpretation you have given the times we live in. Maybe the contractor community deserves IR35 if it’s position on everything HMRC related is ‘we thought it was right until we were told it was wrong’.

There is a thing called personal responsibility. Riding every piece of ‘advice’ to maximise tax advantages until being told it is wrong is counter intuitive beyond belief. You can mock me all you want but this is an easy ride for too many given they get away with ‘okay, well I didn’t know’ while actual limited companies out there wouldn’t claim for the exact same expenses.

I get it, maximise tax blah blah blah. But picking specific pages out of HMRC’s website without the pre-requisite to get to that page and then claiming ignorance can only go so far.
          What? I was talking about your ipse comment. IHNFC what you're now spouting about

Comment

Comment

Off you pop Sweetie, the grown-ups are talking.
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
              Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                That's somewhat unfair.

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2011/0...s-change-mind/

Comment

..... from the guy that wears trolling like a badge of honour.......
                  from the guy that does nothing but troll and talk bollox
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    from the guy that does nothing but troll and talk bollox
                    I'm concerned that he may not be deliberately trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      I'm concerned that he may not be deliberately trolling.
                      As am I. I am beginning to think that this is a sincerely held belief. Go figure...
                      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Working...
                      X