• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Late Payment by agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late Payment by agency

I have been in my current contract almost a year, for many of those months I have had to chase payment but some kind of excuse is alway forthcoming.

This time i didnt check i had received payment until yesterday and discovered March hasn't been paid (I'm on 30 days - so expected payment around 1st May).

I've been fobbed off twice with the same email from their finance manager.

My colleagues chased payment early in the month and were paid.

I've checked my contract and dont explicity see anything about me being paid late.

as I see it I have March, April (already submitted) and May (to be submitted) invoices at risk.

Anybody else seeing this kind of behaviour from agencies at the moment (I appreciate cash flows are squeezed - but arent contractor monies kept separate from fees ?)

Ken

Anyone else?

Yes, about one post a week coming from someone. Please see the advice I gave last week.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Russell View Post
      I have been in my current contract almost a year, for many of those months I have had to chase payment but some kind of excuse is alway forthcoming.

This time i didnt check i had received payment until yesterday and discovered March hasn't been paid (I'm on 30 days - so expected payment around 1st May).

I've been fobbed off twice with the same email from their finance manager.

My colleagues chased payment early in the month and were paid.

I've checked my contract and dont explicity see anything about me being paid late.

as I see it I have March, April (already submitted) and May (to be submitted) invoices at risk.

Anybody else seeing this kind of behaviour from agencies at the moment (I appreciate cash flows are squeezed - but arent contractor monies kept separate from fees ?)

Ken
      Start dunning now.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Anyone else?

Yes, about one post a week coming from someone. Please see the advice I gave last week.
        yeah. Me.
        I didn't get paid last week.
        I spoke to the agency, who acknowledged a problem with the timesheet (their process reviewing it) and will pay me on the next run (this Friday).
        I started with the first stage of dunning. I emailed them asking why haven't I been paid and if there's a problem.

I didn't feel I needed to ask on here for what was a basic back office process problem.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I noticed in in mid-April I hadn't been paid the last three months' invoices. One short phone call, money was in the bank. And my agent owes me quite a lot of beer.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            I noticed in in mid-April I hadn't been paid the last three months' invoices. One short phone call, money was in the bank. And my agent owes me quite a lot of beer.
            I noticed in August that my July invoice had not been paid and then noticed in September that my August invoice hadn't been paid (final invoices). 4 emails, 2 letters, 2 solicitor letters and various pieced of legal paperwork later, I had a court date, now postponed due to Covid. Statutory interest is 8% so pays for a canteen lunch every weekday, assuming I get the money back.

Comment

should this be a sticky on how people do deal with late/bad payments correctly? Might answer questions before they are asked...

See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
              X