Late Payment by agency Late Payment by agency
Posts 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default Late Payment by agency

    I have been in my current contract almost a year, for many of those months I have had to chase payment but some kind of excuse is alway forthcoming.

    This time i didnt check i had received payment until yesterday and discovered March hasn't been paid (I'm on 30 days - so expected payment around 1st May).

    I've been fobbed off twice with the same email from their finance manager.

    My colleagues chased payment early in the month and were paid.

    I've checked my contract and dont explicity see anything about me being paid late.

    as I see it I have March, April (already submitted) and May (to be submitted) invoices at risk.

    Anybody else seeing this kind of behaviour from agencies at the moment (I appreciate cash flows are squeezed - but arent contractor monies kept separate from fees ?)

    Ken

  2. #2

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    22,617

    Default

    Anyone else?

    Yes, about one post a week coming from someone. Please see the advice I gave last week.
    <-2 5m->

  3. #3

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    24,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Russell View Post
    I have been in my current contract almost a year, for many of those months I have had to chase payment but some kind of excuse is alway forthcoming.

    This time i didnt check i had received payment until yesterday and discovered March hasn't been paid (I'm on 30 days - so expected payment around 1st May).

    I've been fobbed off twice with the same email from their finance manager.

    My colleagues chased payment early in the month and were paid.

    I've checked my contract and dont explicity see anything about me being paid late.

    as I see it I have March, April (already submitted) and May (to be submitted) invoices at risk.

    Anybody else seeing this kind of behaviour from agencies at the moment (I appreciate cash flows are squeezed - but arent contractor monies kept separate from fees ?)

    Ken
    Start dunning now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  4. #4

    Super poster

    Lance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    home
    Posts
    4,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Anyone else?

    Yes, about one post a week coming from someone. Please see the advice I gave last week.
    yeah. Me.
    I didn't get paid last week.
    I spoke to the agency, who acknowledged a problem with the timesheet (their process reviewing it) and will pay me on the next run (this Friday).
    I started with the first stage of dunning. I emailed them asking why haven't I been paid and if there's a problem.

    I didn't feel I needed to ask on here for what was a basic back office process problem.
    See You Next Tuesday

  5. #5

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    22,617

    Default

    I noticed in in mid-April I hadn't been paid the last three months' invoices. One short phone call, money was in the bank. And my agent owes me quite a lot of beer.
    <-2 5m->

  6. #6

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    24,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I noticed in in mid-April I hadn't been paid the last three months' invoices. One short phone call, money was in the bank. And my agent owes me quite a lot of beer.
    I noticed in August that my July invoice had not been paid and then noticed in September that my August invoice hadn't been paid (final invoices). 4 emails, 2 letters, 2 solicitor letters and various pieced of legal paperwork later, I had a court date, now postponed due to Covid. Statutory interest is 8% so pays for a canteen lunch every weekday, assuming I get the money back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  7. #7

    Super poster

    Lance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    home
    Posts
    4,975

    Default

    should this be a sticky on how people do deal with late/bad payments correctly? Might answer questions before they are asked...


    See You Next Tuesday

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •