• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Close of Ltd company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close of Ltd company

Hi

What's the going rate for closing Ltd company. Mine has quoted £250plus VAT

Your what?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Your what?
      I'm guessing Kampf.

Comment

Slightly concerned that the OP only started contracting a year ago and was trying to do everything themselves back then.

Who is your accountant?
        How much money do you have in your company accounts?
        Have you left enough money in the company accounts to pay your corporation tax, etc?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I know a reputable firm in the Dutch Antilles that will do it for the same cost but will "loan" the VAT component back to your mate.

Comment

Lol some ppl here are always looking to troll.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Slightly concerned that the OP only started contracting a year ago and was trying to do everything themselves back then.

Who is your accountant?
              How much money do you have in your company accounts?
              Have you left enough money in the company accounts to pay your corporation tax, etc?
              Hey, thanks for response - company is all in good health. Just looking to close it for now due to change in work arrangements.
              Been using gorilla, they been good but wanted to know if their quote of £250 is reasonable.

Comment

It’s gonna take 2/3 hours so I think it’s reasonable.
                I take it they will do it, finish everything, and let you leave their monthly payments?
                If so then I’d accept it as a lot less bother.

If you found someone to do it for £50 you’d have to get all the books handed over, deal with termination of gorilla contract and the close down would be done by someone who doesn’t know the backgrounds.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

£250 sounds good to me if you trust them not to balls it up. Make sure it includes you being able to ring them for a few months after the closure if you get letters from HMRC or have other queries.

Comment

Okay thanks very much.

Comment

Working...
                    X