• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aldermore halves easy access savings rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've moved a fair chunk of my savings to Monzo which still pays 0.50%

Still barely anything, but hopefully more people will do the same so old school banks will wake up.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      Crazy not to put everything into premium bonds then

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      Is this even possible for LTD funds?

Comment

Originally posted by WDNK View Post
        Is this even possible for LTD funds?
        Nope. I think it violates the NS&I terms even to hold on trust (in your personal name) with a fully legal trust agreement in place. However, I wouldn't screw around with the latter for other reasons.

Comment

Kent Reliance still paying 0.9% instant access.

Will no doubt change but I've not had any comms from them stating an upcoming rate cut yet.

Business Savings Accounts | Kent Reliance

Comment

This sort of things prompted an extensive rearranging of personal and Ltd savings - esp as I was going to end up with the (somewhat bizarre - to me at least) position that the Ltd's "reward saver" account would soon be paying 0.01% whereas the attached current account is still paying 0.1% - not particularly generous but still 10x more!

Add in to that £12.50 monthly current account fees for the pleasure of getting that "reward" so its off to TSB. 25 months fee-free business banking for switching and 0.5% interest on the saver (admittedly down from 1% before July).
            Last edited by CatOnMat; 8 June 2020, 16:07. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              Crazy not to put everything into premium bonds then

50k limit

Comment

Working...
              X