• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aldermore halves easy access savings rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aldermore halves easy access savings rates

On 11 March the Bank of England reduced the base rate from 0.75% to 0.25%, and then on 19 March made a further reduction to 0.10%, a drop of 0.65% in total.

As a result, we’ve made the difficult decision to reduce the interest rate on our Easy Access savings account by 0.50%.

We’re giving you at least 30 days advance notice of the change, which will happen on 1 July 2020.

So you can see the changes at a glance, there's a summary below:
    Easy Access
    Issues 1 - 7 Current rate
    Rate effective from
    1 July 2020
    Gross annual interest
    rate/AER* 1.00% 0.50%
    Gross monthly interest rate 1.00% 0.50%
    * AER stands for annual equivalent rate and illustrates the interest rate if we paid and compounded it once each year.
    The rate change will take place automatically on 1 July 2020.
    Just a note of this as I know a few here use them. There are other 1% accounts available (for now at least) like TSB and Shawbrook but they'll be running them at cost to you, so I wouldn't expect those to hang around for long either.
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Same w/ Virgin Money. Other than the ones you mention, Investec has a 1% rate for a 32-day notice account w/ a 40k+ deposit (FSCS).

Comment

Wow - sorry for your lose

Thoughts and prayers

Do we need to clap for you ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        Wow - sorry for your lose

Thoughts and prayers

Do we need to clap for you ?

I think no-one needs the clap from you

Comment

Next stop: - 1% easy access, -0.25% 180 day notice.

Comment

Santander have reduced their business "reward" saver rate from 0.1% to 0.01%

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
              Just a note of this as I know a few here use them. There are other 1% accounts available (for now at least) like TSB and Shawbrook but they'll be running them at cost to you, so I wouldn't expect those to hang around for long either.
              I guess I have this email to look forward to imminently. Just had a look on TSB and they are already stating 0.5% from July so probably all will follow suit.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Santander have reduced their business "reward" saver rate from 0.1% to 0.01%
                That doesn't sound very rewarding.
                ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                  That doesn't sound very rewarding.
                  It's popular in the masochist community.

Comment

Crazy not to put everything into premium bonds then

Comment

Working...
                    X