• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paying SDLT on residental rental

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying SDLT on residental rental

Yeah I know this isn't a property forum.

My understanding, based on information on reputable sites like Shelter, is that once the cumulative rent on your home reaches £125k you have to start paying SDLT on it.

I have poked about the HMRC site and frankly the pages I've found have confused the heck out of me and I have no idea whether I will need to start thinking about this next year or not, if I renew my rental in January. I also can't figure out how I notify HMRC of the charge due and how to pay it. The SDLT form that you'd use on a property sale doesn't look like it's appropriate.

Has anyone got any experience with this or shall I go find a proper forum

SDLTM13105 - Stamp Duty Land Tax Manual - HMRC internal manual - GOV.UK

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I have poked about the HMRC site and frankly the pages I've found have confused the heck out of me and I have no idea whether I will need to start thinking about this next year or not
      Thanks for the scoop.

Comment

Thanks for the scoop.
        I'm going to change my user name to 'fantastic sex' so when I give you some good advice you will say 'Thanks for that fantastic sex'.

Be nice to hear it once in my life.....
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I'm going to change my user name to 'fantastic sex' so when I give you some good advice you will say 'Thanks for that fantastic sex'.

Be nice to hear it once in my life.....

Thanks FS

Comment

Thanks FS
            Doh. Back to the drawing board...

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X