• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Intouch Accounting - not submitting CT600s till mid July?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Had my final CT600 through from intouch accounting this morning, after having paid the relatively high fee [several months ago] for company closure.

Then had an email from them at 1659 saying they're unable to submit it to HMRC till mid July, as "HMRC have been unable to issue an update".
    Is anyone else with intouch accounting or other accountancy and had similar messaging?

I've asked for clarification - but the receipt time of the email means they are closed for today.

I can't imagine that they wouldn't be submitting any CT600s till July, and if so this can't be an issue that only sprung up today.

Tried searching this forum \ googling for any related news - but couldn't see anything [perhaps using wrong keywords].

Been with them for nearly 10 years - but level of service seems to have dropped off severely lately.

Thanks,

Originally posted by nehnekcihc View Post

Been with them for nearly 10 years - but level of service seems to have dropped off severely lately.

they're not going to improve service to you either as you're leaving.
    HTH
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Just to say this isn't an Intouch issue, and will apply to all accounting periods ending on/after 1 April 2020. Ie it will only impact those either with years ends of 30 Apr 2020 onwards who are very keen/prompt, or those looking to close soon but did trade post 1 April 2020. Sounds like you're the latter.

It's all due to the fairly recent government reversal on CT rate reduction. The rate was going to be reduced from 19% to 17% from 1 April 2020. HMRC CT systems were geared towards that. Then very shortly before 1 April 2020, the government changed their minds, and maintained it at 19%.

Don't ask me why it takes HMRC a few months to deal with that...but that's why CT returns for periods ending in the current fiscal year can't yet be submitted. The rate should be 19%, but currently HMRC systems are expecting 17%, with the mismatch meaning they can't go in.

I believe you can submit a paper CT return with an extra form...though given staffing levels at HMRC you may find the time taken for that to be manually processed makes it no quicker than waiting until it can be filed online!

Comment

As an update; the accountant has confirmed that this is an issue with HMRC systems, and so would be industry wide - specifically if you have any taxable income occurring during the 20/21 tax year (April 1st 2020 - March 31st 2021), and your accounts cover any income in this period.

Unfortunately, even though I had no invoices payable - there was still bank interest in this time so I have been affected, as my accounts ran till end of April.

Prior communication would have been appreciated from them, so it didn't become a sudden issue, but here we are.
        I would suggest anyone expecting to have a CT600 completed \ submitted before mid-July, covering any income in 20\21 tax year check with their accountant - if you have not already been made aware.

Accountant has provided a link with further information with regards to HMRC systems:
        Corporation Tax: service availability and issues - GOV.UK

Thanks,

[Thanks you Maslins for the information - I was posting this reply at the same time as yours]
        [I would also suggest to moderators if possible to remove the specific accountant names from thread title, and make it generic - so that it may be more helpful for others searching against this issue]
        Last edited by nehnekcihc; 29 May 2020, 09:39.

Comment

Hi

This is a HMRC issue, please see the link below which explains this and why we are unable to submit the CT600 until the second week of July.

I am sorry to hear you have felt the service has dropped lately, and I am happy to arrange a call with you to discuss this in more detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky@IntouchAccounting View Post
            Hi

This is a HMRC issue, please see the link below which explains this and why we are unable to submit the CT600 until the second week of July.

I am sorry to hear you have felt the service has dropped lately, and I am happy to arrange a call with you to discuss this in more detail.

I have the same issue.

Comment

Anyone had any updates on this issue, my accountant is still unable to submit my final accounts they have been emailing me with status updates every two weeks. Previous update was HMRC expected to have updated by end July, update this morning that they expect this weekend for the change to happen..

Comment

Should now be resolved as my accountant has been able to file.

As above, he too was caught up in the wait on the HMRC system.

Comment

Intouch today told me they are unable to submit CT600s where the accounting period start date is on or after 1 April 2020.

The HMRC link above doesn’t seem to indicate any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky@IntouchAccounting View Post
                    Hi

Ricky. Any idea why Intouch can’t submit a CT600 return for me dated 1/4/2020 - 31/5/2020?

The link you sent sent indicate any “software issues” anymore.

I would go to my personal accountant but she’s been put on furlough and the person dealing with it hasn’t answered in the last couple of days.
                    Last edited by MrButton; 11 August 2020, 19:37.

Comment

Working...
                    X