• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calculate take home pay for outside IR35 role + PAYE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calculate take home pay for outside IR35 role + PAYE

Hi Guys,

Just curious as I am finding it hard to make such a calculation.

Does anybody know how to calculate true take home pay if a person had an outside IR35 role and a PAYE perm job?

I've been at pains to figure it out, but I guess I don't understand how tax works.

Thanks

Originally posted by password View Post
    Hi Guys,

Does anybody know how to calculate true take home pay if a person had an outside IR35 role and a PAYE perm job?

I've been at pains to figure it out, but I guess I don't understand how tax works.

Thanks
    Google contractor calcuator IR35

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Your accountant should be able to help, but are you saying you have a permanent job and a contract and both are running at the same time?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The perm job pays your gross salary less all applicable taxes. The outside IR35 contract pays either 95% of your your gross less all employment taxes if you go through an umbrella (ignoring any pensions arrangements) or whatever you want to pay through your own company. Although then you have other taxes to worry about.

So that's not a lot of help, but it is not a black and white question.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Your accountant will...
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Just put your PAYE salary in the salary section of a calculator and the estimated annual profit (after CT) in the dividends section.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks
              My accountant did this free for me

Comment

Live off the PAYE salary and build up reserves in YourCo

Comment

Originally posted by fidot View Post
                  Live off the PAYE salary and build up reserves in YourCo
                  this advice is not very good.
                  No point leaving in the company unless you're already at the higher rate threshold. Take every penny out at 7.5% tax that you can.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                  X