• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Living abroad, working in UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skysies View Post
    .... will that even apply to me?
    No. IR35 is a personal tax. You're not taxed in the UK.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      No. IR35 is a personal tax. You're not taxed in the UK.
      Well, I'm not so sure about that. Even if HMRC classifies me as a non-tax resident, will that exempt me from IR35, if my client is based in the UK?

Comment

Well, I'm not so sure about that. Even if HMRC classifies me as a non-tax resident, will that exempt me from IR35, if my client is based in the UK?
        No

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

If you are not liable to UK tax, then you cannot possibly be affected by IR35. However - agencies, clients and HMRC might have severe difficulty in comprehending this.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I see this as a B2B relationship, where I work remotely for a client in the UK. I don't see a reason why the IR35 should apply to me?

Comment

Agree, but the new rules from next april are still likely to be applied to yourco by uk clients.

Comment

Working...
              X