• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Withdrawing for deposit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No worries with Halifax taking my directors loan as I recall. It all looked the same to them anyway. Thinking back, I wonder if I specifically called 10k of it a directors loan or not in their forms. They wouldn't have known either way.
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
      Lenders will want to exactly where the money came from.
      They won't accept BBL
      They generally won't loans (bank, directors, credit cards, bloke in the pub)
      Simplest way is to take the div and take the tax hit.
      Talk in detail with the accountant AND the mortgage broker
      Yeah the BBL was only suggested to clear debt and not use for deposit.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
        No worries with Halifax taking my directors loan as I recall. It all looked the same to them anyway. Thinking back, I wonder if I specifically called 10k of it a directors loan or not in their forms. They wouldn't have known either way.
        Don't the request the last 3 months bank statements so would show up on there?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Don't the request the last 3 months bank statements so would show up on there?
          Unless it indicates it in the payment reference they wouldn't know that a payment from the business account to your personal account is a loan or a dividend payment. But if they ask, you should of course be truthful.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
            Unless it indicates it in the payment reference they wouldn't know that a payment from the business account to your personal account is a loan or a dividend payment. But if they ask, you should of course be truthful.
            Indeed but you'd wonder about the quality of their vetting if they didn't spot 20k or more appearing and not asking about it.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Indeed but you'd wonder about the quality of their vetting if they didn't spot 20k or more appearing and not asking about it.
              They ask where your money comes from, you say your company.

Guess Halifax is another organisation that's not wrapped up in contractor theory
              ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
              X