• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anything a contractor can get from the government?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything a contractor can get from the government?

Here is the question from my friend who is also a contractor. He (or rather his Ltd) is not in the contract since coronavirus began. And it's much more difficult to find a new contract because of coronavirus situation. Is there anything him or his company can get from the government in terms of financial support?

Originally posted by Criticular View Post
    Here is the question from my friend who is also a contractor. He (or rather his Ltd) is not in the contract since coronavirus began. And it's much more difficult to find a new contract because of coronavirus situation. Is there anything him or his company can get from the government in terms of financial support?
    Point your friend at this: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...es-thread.html

He's likely too late to get furloughed now, but his company can apply for a loan. Other than that, Universal Credit.

Comment

You can furlough retrospectively I think? A 3+ week period from March 2nd to today can be designated as furlough if no revenue generating activity (i.e. paid work not answering emails as some theorists on here will say) took place.

They should ask their accountant.
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
      X