• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE membership renewal referral code

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
    QDos are probably the best for the insurance cover.
    Cheaper, yes. But it's not a like-for-like comparison.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
      You've got 2 years from the end of an accounting period for simple investigations and 6 years for other stuff... I'd keep it going

I worked out in another thread that after Sainsburys and Expedia discounts I was in profit and - importantly - protected. It's a no brainer and you can claim it from company funds (though not deduct from tax)
      Ok i know what you mean re: perks.

I understand the 6 years bit. Not sure what’s the basis of 2 years for simple investigation?

What’s the historical frequency/precedents of type of enquires taking place after strike-off assuming that the Ltd has not traded for sometime anyway? I think I’d bite the bullet anyway but trying to gauge what is legally possible vs odds of happening.

Comment

Originally posted by dagenheis View Post
        Ok i know what you mean re: perks.

I understand the 6 years bit. Not sure what’s the basis of 2 years for simple investigation?

What’s the historical frequency/precedents of type of enquires taking place after strike-off assuming that the Ltd has not traded for sometime anyway? I think I’d bite the bullet anyway but trying to gauge what is legally possible vs odds of happening.
        It's not actually two years, it's a year following the tax year in which the company was closed, by which time all the necessary tax returns will be submitted and HMRC have had a chance to raise any enquiries. HMRC will have approved the closure so the company should be free and clear, but they will want to assess our personal tax position.

Hence IPSE's long standing advice to keep your membership for the year after the one when the company was closed, just in case.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          It's not actually two years, it's a year following the tax year in which the company was closed, by which time all the necessary tax returns will be submitted and HMRC have had a chance to raise any enquiries. HMRC will have approved the closure so the company should be free and clear, but they will want to assess our personal tax position.

Hence IPSE's long standing advice to keep your membership for the year after the one when the company was closed, just in case.
          cheers

Comment

Working...
          X