• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE membership renewal referral code

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPSE membership renewal referral code

Hi,
    Has anybody come across a referral code for IPSE standard membership renewals? Just noticed the standard subscription has been increased again this year (by nearly 10%).

Unfortunately, my ltd won't be closed for another month (simple strike-off) after the IPSE expiry date so I guess, it's recommended to renew last time for another year although there have been no recent contracts. Any thoughts to make sure I am taking a safe approach here?

Ha. Not for renewals. Only new memberships get money off.

Just have a quick look for the policy you need, without all the fluff, on the likes of Qdos, Hiscox, Kingsbridge as you may be able to get that for less than the membership fee.
    Last edited by ladymuck; 23 June 2020, 19:18.

Comment

Originally posted by dagenheis View Post
      Hi,
      Has anybody come across a referral code for IPSE standard membership renewals? Just noticed the standard subscription has been increased again this year (by nearly 10%).

Unfortunately, my ltd won't be closed for another month (simple strike-off) after the IPSE expiry date so I guess, it's recommended to renew last time for another year although there have been no recent contracts. Any thoughts to make sure I am taking a safe approach here?
      More chance you get hit by lightning than getting investigated now.

Take the lover out for a nice meal after lockdown rather than waste more money

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

QDOS offer a much more competitive deal. You will also not be financing / re-financing a (failed) USA IPSE model that has cost the UK Membership hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Keep it local - at least QDOS have no pretence of being a Members' organisation.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          More chance you get hit by lightning than getting investigated now.

Take the lover out for a nice meal after lockdown rather than waste more money

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
          I have seen you have posted this a number of times recently (might have done previous, I just didn't see it)

We will be needing your contact details ready for any future investigation; I assume your own cover also includes both the business and tax advice your giving? (business = you don't need that cover & tax = you're not going to get investigated)

There's more to IPSE than investigation cover, the OP might be after some of the other bits and alternatives were offered. You have simply banged the drum re an HMRC shoulder tap and your own views on its possibility.

M

Comment

You've got 2 years from the end of an accounting period for simple investigations and 6 years for other stuff... I'd keep it going

I worked out in another thread that after Sainsburys and Expedia discounts I was in profit and - importantly - protected. It's a no brainer and you can claim it from company funds (though not deduct from tax)
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
              You've got 2 years from the end of an accounting period for simple investigations and 6 years for other stuff... I'd keep it going

I worked out in another thread that after Sainsburys and Expedia discounts I was in profit and - importantly - protected. It's a no brainer and you can claim it from company funds (though not deduct from tax)
              I thought HMRC can't investigate a company that doesn't exist anymore?

I suppose provision could be put aside in the final accounts for six years' membership fees increasing at, say, 3% a year.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I thought HMRC can't investigate a company that doesn't exist anymore?

I suppose provision could be put aside in the final accounts for six years' membership fees increasing at, say, 3% a year.
                I understand they can request strike off be reversed but it would required some pretty serious grounds to do so. I'm with you though, once the company has disapeared into the ether, my worries about it have too.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

QDos are probably the best for the insurance cover.
                  Former IPSE member
                  My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
                    QDos are probably the cheapest for the insurance cover.
                    FTFY

Given the vastly reduced risks of IR35 if you are through an umbrella, and assuming you aren't scared by some form of retrospective investigation into your previous IR35 status then I would suggest you don't need it anyway.

Other tax-related investigations though - that's a different risk altogether...
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X