• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Already working in Fixed term contract and second contract job offers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Already working in Fixed term contract and second contract job offers

Hi,

Need advice in my case..

I am currently working in fixed term contract and today shockingly my last company contacted me to re-join as contractor as they have now funding.

My question - Should I accept my second offer as a contractor and work for both companies? I understand I have to manage both work load though..really wondering whether I am legally allowed to work in both business.

Thanks in advance,
    Rishi

Unless the contract with either client prevents it, your company is legally allowed to accept any work it wishes.

As you are now an employee, per your FTC, you should check the terms of your employment contract.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Unless the contract with either client prevents it, your company is legally allowed to accept any work it wishes.

As you are now an employee, per your FTC, you should check the terms of your employment contract.
      Both the first bit and definitely the second. I can't imagine for one minute they will allow that.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Both the first bit and definitely the second. I can't imagine for one minute they will allow that.
        Assuming your Employment contract prevents you working on a second gig, it has no control over your PSC business. So you could sub it out ...

Comment

Originally posted by mjcp View Post
          Assuming your Employment contract prevents you working on a second gig, it has no control over your PSC business. So you could sub it out ...
          This - it's a downside of FTCs but NLUK will approve.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            This - it's a downside of FTCs but NLUK will approve.
            I approve
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I would have thought you could accept a part-time contract. You should be able to give notice on your FTC if they don't agee. FTC's aren't like Ltd company contracts where you may be obliged to complete the contract. All the legal protections are for the employee not the employer, so you should be able to bulldoze your way out.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
              X