• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WeBuyAnyVan - Good for valuation when buying company van personally?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WeBuyAnyVan - Good for valuation when buying company van personally?

I would like to buy the company van personally and wondered if anyone else had used a quote from the likes of WeBuyAnyCar / Van as the valuation? VW Dealers are selling similar vans for 13k plus VAT. I've been quoted 9k from WeBuyAnyVan

There are no adverts from private sellers on AutoTrader to use as a comparison.

Originally posted by coolhandluke View Post
    I would like to buy the company van personally and wondered if anyone else had used a quote from the likes of WeBuyAnyCar / Van as the valuation? VW Dealers are selling similar vans for 13k plus VAT. I've been quoted 9k from WeBuyAnyVan

There are no adverts from private sellers on AutoTrader to use as a comparison.
    Presumably WeBuyAnyVan buy below market price, and it suits you for tax reasons to pick that valuation? Sorry to sound negative or snarky, but that's what it looks like. In the absence of an agreed formula, I would average the two figures to 11k (what it would cost you to buy and what the company would get for it).

Comment

Surely the price is the current written down value in your accounts plus £1... You're not buying on the open market, you're buying a company asset.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Nothing snarky at all I would like to pay the lowest price!

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Surely the price is the current written down value in your accounts plus £1... You're not buying on the open market, you're buying a company asset.
          I did think about this. Should really just email my accountant!

Comment

You mean you didn't go to them first?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Market value, I think, or a BIK would arise.

EIM21655 - Employment Income Manual - HMRC internal manual - GOV.UK

But asking accountant is sensible.

Comment

They take a couple of days to respond now they are working remotely. Plus it's always good to hear other contractors experiences too as sometimes my accountant will suggest the option that means less work for themselves.

I've pinged them a message and will update the thread when I get their reply.

Comment

I'm surprised no-one has suggested this.

No, in fact, I'm surprised someone (specifically) didn't suggest this

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                    I'm surprised no-one has suggested this.

No, in fact, I'm surprised someone (specifically) didn't suggest this
                    Damned if I do and damned if I don't
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X