• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage Broker Charges

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they are still a valuable tool as part of the decision making process. I recently got a list of BTL providers from Freelancer while renewing mine and there were 100s of them, most I'd never heard of. The first name I recognised were nearly out of the top 10 best products. Also during the process the list changed and managed to swap to an even better one so in thst case they were worth their weight in gold.

Nothing to stop you speaking to them to see what's available and comparing it to your list and then picking the one you want.

I don't think their time is done by any stretch of the imagination.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Any recent broker recommendations?

Had everything set up with CMME last year but they tailed off badly, weren't interested at all.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedarv View Post

Had everything set up with CMME last year but they tailed off badly, weren't interested at all.
        There is info and contact info here on CUK:

Contractor Mortgages Information and Quotation

What is a contractor mortgage broker and do I need one?
        Last edited by saptastic; 7 July 2020, 22:34.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedarv View Post

I've used Freelancer Financials for 4 or 5 mortgages now, BTL and residential. Wouldn't go anywhere else.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            I've used Freelancer Financials for 4 or 5 mortgages now, BTL and residential. Wouldn't go anywhere else.
            London and country fee free - No hassle

Comment

Working...
            X