• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Confirmation Statement?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmation Statement?

Hi,

I incorporated my company in January 2019. In January 2020, my application to strike off was received. First Gazette notice in Feb 2020. The company has never traded (due to a change of circumstances I remained in full-time PAYE employment).

I was advised by my accountant that I had no further action to take and I could expect the strike off to be processed within three months. However, the strike off is still outstanding (the status on Companies House is 'Active proposal to strike off').

I'm aware the confirmation deadline has passed and am now concerned that I should have sent the form to Companies House. Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

In particular I'm wondering:

1) Do I need to send the CS01? Have contacted CH but it's email only and haven't received a response.
    2) Am I likely to have incurred a penalty/other legal issue for not having sent it?
    3) Should I have taken any other action e.g. re HMRC? I called the SA Helpline and they said I don't have to do anything but I can't get through to the CT Helpline.

Please help if you can.

Sophie
    Last edited by sdd; 23 July 2020, 13:20.

I would continue to pursue your query at CH but, honestly, I wouldn't worry about this. If you've submitted a DS01 they will not be expecting a CS01. Sure, perhaps you missed the original deadline, but once they have a DS01 on record, they will not expect a CS01. The typical worst case scenario with a missed CS01 is, in any case, having the company struck off . In fact, submitting a CS01 will probably confuse them about whether the DS01 is still valid.

Again, though, you should double-check with CH when you can.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      I would continue to pursue your query at CH but, honestly, I wouldn't worry about this. If you've submitted a DS01 they will not be expecting a CS01. Sure, perhaps you missed the original deadline, but once they have a DS01 on record, they will not expect a CS01. The typical worst case scenario with a missed CS01 is, in any case, having the company struck off . In fact, submitting a CS01 will probably confuse them about whether the DS01 is still valid.

Again, though, you should double-check with CH when you can.
      Thanks for your response James, feeling a bit better about it! Will still try to get an answer from CH so I have something on record. That's what I'm missing from HMRC as well.

Comment

I would imagine the three month processing time your accountant said to expect in February has become considerably longer due to a certain pandemic.

Comment

Working...
        X