• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Non-resident working through UK LTD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-resident working through UK LTD

Hi,

Because of the corona and the whole situation now in the UK, I'm thinking of moving to my second home in Spain and working there remotely for my client in the UK.

I'm quite familiar with the UK non-resident tax tests, and would probably be declared non-resident by the HMRC as I don't plan to work physically in the UK for the near future.

My preference would be to continue working through my UK LTD and invoice the agency in the UK. Would that be recommended and could this interfere with my plans to get the non-residency and pay my taxes in Spain, instead of the UK?

Many thanks

Originally posted by John Wick View Post
    Hi,

Because of the corona and the whole situation now in the UK, I'm thinking of moving to my second home in Spain and working there remotely for my client in the UK.

I'm quite familiar with the UK non-resident tax tests, and would probably be declared non-resident by the HMRC as I don't plan to work physically in the UK for the near future.

My preference would be to continue working through my UK LTD and invoice the agency in the UK. Would that be recommended and could this interfere with my plans to get the non-residency and pay my taxes in Spain, instead of the UK?

Many thanks
    You maybe underestimating the complexity of the situation. You need to consider the tax domicile of the UK Ltd Co too. From what you have said, I believe it highly likely your company will be regarded by the Spanish authorities as being domiciled in Spain as the seat of control (you) will be in Spain. Others here know this better than I, but I believe in essence this is true. There are many other threads here discussing this exact topic too.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
    X