• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Petition asking for NHS Agency Workers trapped in the Loan Charge

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petition asking for NHS Agency Workers trapped in the Loan Charge

Petition . Please prevent HMRC action hurting thousand of NHS Heroes through retrospective tax bills . Change.org

Please support this petition by signing, sharing and asking everyone in your network to sign and share.

We have people living in £100M+ homes with Yachts, Helicopters and Private Jets who made millions off the backs of NHS Agency Workers. In contrast you have low paid NHS Agency Workers loosing homes, life savings and experiencing family breakdowns and in some cases considering suicide.

Do you think this is fair, of course not! But HMT and HMRC call these people tax cheats and are destroying lives, they truly deserve your support.

Never sign petitions where they can't be bothered to check their spelling?
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

"Umberellas"

Comment

Originally posted by smt2264 View Post
        Petition . Please prevent HMRC action hurting thousand of NHS Heroes through retrospective tax bills . Change.org

Please support this petition by signing, sharing and asking everyone in your network to sign and share.

We have people living in £100M+ homes with Yachts, Helicopters and Private Jets who made millions off the backs of NHS Agency Workers. In contrast you have low paid NHS Agency Workers loosing homes, life savings and experiencing family breakdowns and in some cases considering suicide.

Do you think this is fair, of course not! But HMT and HMRC call these people tax cheats and are destroying lives, they truly deserve your support.
        Maybe you could post how their tax affairs were managed? Then we can decide whether to sign and share it.

Comment

We have people living in £100M+ homes with Yachts, Helicopters and Private Jets who made millions off the backs of NHS Agency Workers
          What's wrong with that?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by smt2264 View Post

Unpopular opinion, but how are they heroes?
            If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
              They bravely avoided contributing taxes to public services like the NHS.

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
                Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                They bravely avoided contributing taxes to public services like the NHS.
                I'd be one of the last to defend anyone who used a tax avoidance scheme, but I do believe that some workers were effectively told they had to become a member of certain schemes as part of their employement, and I suspect many of these were not that financially literate.

This does go against my gut instinct of "of course you knew it was dodgy, otherwise why were you paying so little tax" but it does seem to be the case for some people.

But, what I do find disingenuous is those that knew very well that they were in a dodgy scheme (even though many won't admit it, even to themselves) using those few who were scammed, and the "NHS are heroes" rhetoric, to somehow try to get out of paying the taxes they were due.
                Last edited by Paralytic; 4 August 2020, 11:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                  I'd be one of the last to defend anyone who used a tax avoidance scheme, but I do believe that some workers were effectively told they had to become a member of certain schemes as part of their employement, and I suspect many of these were not that financially literate.

This does go against my gut instinct of "of course you knew it was dodgy, otherwise why were you paying so little tax" but it does seem to be the case for some people.

But, what I do find disingenuous is those that knew very well that they were in a dodgy scheme (even though many won't admit it, even to themselves) using those few who were scammed, and the "NHS are heroes" rhetoric, to somehow try to get out of paying the taxes they were due.
                  Arguably the taxes weren't due. But they are now.

Comment

This would be better in the tax evaders forum would it not?

Sorry HMRC loan scheme forum...
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X