• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Issue with MVL and insolvency practicioner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BarbaraW View Post
    Apologies for the delay, did not see this question.
    I received my first distribution end of August

I'm still struggling to get the remaining money though
    Sadly this is also fairly normal atm, and FWIW if you'd have been a client of our sister company MVL Online whilst I hope you might not have had some of the other issues, you'd likely still be having this significantly long wait now. The HMRC MVL clearance team has seemingly been hit badly by a combination of Covid-19 (most of their staff removed to assist other departments deemed more urgent in the circumstances, like those dealing with furlough claims), and more recently an IT "upgrade" that's seemingly caused havoc. It sucks, as there's no competition for HMRC, to some extent they can be as slow as they like and not much anyone can do about it.

So from your perspective, whilst this is no doubt annoying, if it provides any comfort there's a good chance your liquidator isn't at fault for this delay.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
      Sadly this is also fairly normal atm, and FWIW if you'd have been a client of our sister company MVL Online whilst I hope you might not have had some of the other issues, you'd likely still be having this significantly long wait now. The HMRC MVL clearance team has seemingly been hit badly by a combination of Covid-19 (most of their staff removed to assist other departments deemed more urgent in the circumstances, like those dealing with furlough claims), and more recently an IT "upgrade" that's seemingly caused havoc. It sucks, as there's no competition for HMRC, to some extent they can be as slow as they like and not much anyone can do about it.

So from your perspective, whilst this is no doubt annoying, if it provides any comfort there's a good chance your liquidator isn't at fault for this delay.

There is an issue with my Corporation Tax and liquidator is not doing much to resolve it. For a start they don't read my emails and explanation of an issue with undrstanding. Unfortunately, they are the only ones who can dicuss that with HMRC, myself and my accountant don't have authority to do so.

The issue is, my CT payment for 2019 was duplicated. HMRC sent me a checque for this duplicated amount, however I was not able to collect and clear it, as I already moved out of that property and had no access to mail.

My accountant told me not to worry, and advised me to keep it as it is. My account should be in credit and I was told I will just pay the difference between that amount and CT for 2020. In fact, CT for 2020 was lower that 2019, so I did not have to pay any additional money.
      The problem is, HMRC are saying I have not paid CT for 2020, but clearly they should see my account being in credit, the liquidator is not doing much to sort this out.

So HMRC won't give me a clearance because they say I still need to pay CT, liquidator is not helping, I am not able to discuss that with HMRC. I have no idea what I can do now ...

Comment

Working...
      X