• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant’s certificate of confirmation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accountant’s certificate of confirmation

For a UK visa application I need a copy of.. " “unaudited accounts for the last full financial year and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation "

Have got the unaudited accounts for the last full FY no problem but not sure what an accountant's certificate of confirmation is exactly. I think it is a letter from my accountant saying that they handled my business accounts.

From searching some accountancy forums it looks like many of the professionals haven't come across a certificate of confirmation before.

I've emailed my accountants to see what they can do but thought I'd post in case anyone had come across a certificate of confirmation before..

cheers

I don't think a "certificate of confirmation" is a standard/official thing. I imagine they'll just mean they want confirmation from an accountancy firm/individual (perhaps one with suitable qualification) that they prepared those figures, rather than the business owner cobbling something together themselves.

Comment

Not a terminology I've come across but at a guess, I think they want an Accountant's reference or Accountant's visa reference which would state how long they've acted for you, what your company is called, when was it incorporated and confirmation of your income for however many years.

Comment

Working...
      X