• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Legal advice is needed: I wasn't paid for 3 days of my contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't need a solicitor simply follow eek's advice.

If you have other proof then they are more likely to pay up as they realise if you did drag them to Court (don't use a debt collector) they have no chance of winning.

Debt collection is not hard it is time-consuming.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The lack of a signed timesheet isn't a reason not to chase a debt. If a company denies you were there when you were, moves it into the realm of fraud, any PM knows this is the case; they will probably come up with a weak reason such as that your work wasn't up to scratch which will be very difficult to prove.

If you just simply keep sending reminders and threaten legal action you will probably get paid.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by strannik View Post
        That is the point the agency is not approving my timesheets for the last 3 days

The agency shouldn’t be approving your timesheets, YOU should be getting the client to do that.

Something not quite right here in your story.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Yes, they provided an excuse saying that they had to-rework some part of my design. But that part would take no more than an hour to rework, and not 3 days...
          You go back and say that once they have paid the 3 days you will correct that part of the design at your own cost.
          In the meantime continue chasing the debt like any bad debt. Without lawyers as it's not worth it.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

That is the point the agency is not approving my timesheets for the last 3 days, saying that they had to re-work some parts of my delivered design. But even if they had to re-work those parts it would take no longer than 1 hour and not 3 days. And they could have aksed me to do it before I left.
            If that's an email it's all you need - if it's not an email just send a note of the conversation as an email and use that as proof. Then pass it to Safe Collections to do the next few stages before finally taking it to the small claims court if they haven't paid by then.

Don't use solicitors as it's going to cost more than it's worth - do it yourself as chances are they will give in before it goes to court even if it gets to the point you have to initiate the court claim.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              If that's an email it's all you need - if it's not an email just send a note of the conversation as an email and use that as proof. Then pass it to Safe Collections to do the next few stages before finally taking it to the small claims court if they haven't paid by then.

Don't use solicitors as it's going to cost more than it's worth - do it yourself as chances are they will give in before it goes to court even if it gets to the point you have to initiate the court claim.
              This. Safe Collections are good.

Comment

Working...
              X