• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Using Personal Bank Account for Ltd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Others mileage may vary, but I gave up trying to open a Mettle account. They repeatedly asked for ID which never seemed to satisfy them. They asked for invoices for the services provided. But I previously and repeatedly told them it was a brand new company and not trading until 1st August. (It was mid July at the time). So I gave up. Maybe as the service matures it will get better. The other potential show stopper is that Mettle cannot accept payments from outside the UK. I gave up with Mettle and now just use my Transferwise Euro and Sterling accounts.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Starling is easy and quick to open, free, and not a bad bank to use. Unlike Tide it is FSCS protected. Used it for a while now and happy with it.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Think I will apply for an online business bank account (Starling probably) as HSBC seem to be taking their time in posting out address confirmation...
        ... don't want to let HMRC jackals nail me for IR35 just because of using a bank account!

Thanks peeps!

Comment

Originally posted by MeIsMark View Post
          Think I will apply for an online business bank account (Starling probably) as HSBC seem to be taking their time in posting out address confirmation...
          ... don't want to let HMRC jackals nail me for IR35 just because of using a bank account!

Thanks peeps!
          Just a note... Your bank account has absolutely squat to do with IR35... After opening your bank account read more on IR35.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

As others said there are plenty of options for banks. When I started I foolishly thought as my personal banking was with HSBC, setting up a business bank would be quicker as they already knew me. In the end it took them 3 months but I needed to invoice long before that. I set up a cashplus account in an hour and got paid in to that.

Comment

The KYC and AML checks seem to have gotten more onerous of late. When I opened my HSBC business account over 10 years ago it was super quick and I was a personal customer first.

Comment

Working...
              X