• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Acceptable time for preparing final accounts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acceptable time for preparing final accounts?

I'm closing down my LTD.

My accountant estimated 6 weeks for drafting the final accounts and another 4 weeks for submitting them. Is that acceptable?

Originally posted by Syd View Post
    I'm closing down my LTD.

My accountant estimated 6 weeks for drafting the final accounts and another 4 weeks for submitting them. Is that acceptable?

Depending on the complexity, yes.

It's hard to say without having some information.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This is a simple 1 man PSC that has been trading for three years. No assets or liabilities other than cash at bank.

Comment

How big is the accountancy firm? One man band or huge corporate?

Comment

Nixon Williams ?

Comment

Does seem a long time, although I suspect they're fairly busy at the moment...

Out of interest, how much are NW charging?

Comment

£95/mo

Packages Archive - Nixon Williams

Comment

I wonder if anyone else can chime in how long did it take for them to close down their LTD?

Comment

Originally posted by Syd View Post
                  I wonder if anyone else can chime in how long did it take for them to close down their LTD?
                  There's a few threads on that already...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    There's a few threads on that already...
                    This is an incredibly unhelpful comment.

There is this thread but my question was about final accounts. The difference is that regular accounts have a 9 months deadline whereas at MVL you want them monies quickly. Another difference between old threads and now is COVID cascaded with IR35 (most banks already banned PSCs so accountants have an overhead in MVLs).

Comment

Working...
                    X