• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Liability Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 Liability Insurance

Morning,

Can anyone recommend some insurance to cover any future IR35 tax liabilities / penalties please?

As an IPSe + member I have the insurance to cover accounting costs but looking for some cover for any tax liabilities etc should it ever be required.

An idea of costs would be useful too.

Thanks

Bearing in mind this is something every single contractor should have you'd think it's been discussed endlessly... and it has.

Use the google search method by typing the following in to google.

IR35 liability insurance site:contractoruk.com/forums

You'll find your answers as well as a ton of discussion and comparison.

Of if you can't be bothered then QDOS TLC35 is what you need.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by silverlight1 View Post
      Morning,

Can anyone recommend some insurance to cover any future IR35 tax liabilities / penalties please?

As an IPSe + member I have the insurance to cover accounting costs but looking for some cover for any tax liabilities etc should it ever be required.

An idea of costs would be useful too.

Thanks
      Future???

After April next year the majority of liability will sit with the client not you - why bother ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        Future???

After April next year the majority of liability will sit with the client not you - why bother ?

yup. Unless you're client is a small company.
        Expect the cost of TLC35 to go up as the number of policies sold reduces. They need to cover the liability somehow.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          yup. Unless you're client is a small company.
          Expect the cost of TLC35 to go up as the number of policies sold reduces. They need to cover the liability somehow.
          And ipse to go belly up

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            And ipse to go belly up

nah. IPSE have all their insurances underwritten by other companies. Just expect a similar price hike.
            FSB will take over.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
            X