• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Business Banking Options

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Just the fact they are finally implementing something that most other outfits have had for a long time speaks volumes IMO. Just because it's shiney and new isn't always a positive thing in the greater picture.
    I was working at Santander a couple of years ago when some colleagues were working on a big Cater Allen 'upgrade'. Hopefully this weekend's one won't be quite so underwhelming.

Their phone support has been good when I've needed to call them but last time was maybe 5 years ago.

Comment

Cater Allen are absolute dinosaurs in the online banking / app world (not sure they even have an app) but the handful of times I've called them an English (fluently speaking) human in an English call centre has answered in under 10 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
        Cater Allen are absolute dinosaurs in the online banking / app world (not sure they even have an app) but the handful of times I've called them an English (fluently speaking) human in an English call centre has answered in under 10 seconds
        Online banking is absolutely terrible, that’s true.

Comment

Cater Allen online is very basic and slow but it worked

as others have said they're upgrading to Faster Payments and a new portal this weekend apparently

but their telephone support has always been brilliant, quick response and knowledgable handlers

quick edit - they've delayed the upgrade
          Last edited by filthy1980; 11 September 2020, 14:39.

Comment

Cater Allen: this weekend's upgrade has been postponed

I rather like the CA web portal. It's efficient and feels grown-up with no cutesey nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Cater Allen and SJD - the 90's have called and you are going to regret it.
              Who do you bank with??

Comment

Working...
              X