• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is business car insurance taxable as BIK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Because if the event of an accident they decide to investigate they could, quite reasonably find that you've been using the car for company business a majority of the time which is a different risk catagory to business class 2 which says some business. You'd be underpaying for the actual risk, a bit like fronting.

The would be inviting this scenario by allowing you to insure a business vehicle with only occasional business use so surprised they are OK with it.
    Yes but this isn't a scenario where I am a taxi driver or a delivery driver. I would be using the car to commute to work which is covered by pretty much any standard personal insurance out there

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Because a genuine company car would have the owner as the company - at the company's address, but the registered keeper would be the company employee who keeps it at their home, not at the company's address.
      Yes and the company car does have the company as the registered keeper. However the company is not the owner of the vehicle. The owner is listed on the leasing agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
        I'm not - trouble is you aren't reading the right HMRC documentation and using randomly selected headlines to justify your inaccurate assumptions and I have better things to waste my time on than incompetent idiots.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I'm with eek.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sometimes I don't know why I bother asking questions on this forum.
            I doubt any poster on here will miss your incompetentancy.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

https://www.aviva.co.uk/frequently-a...q/answer/3069/

You asked: Do I have to be the registered keeper of all the vehicles?

You do not have to be the registered keeper of all vehicles, but the vehicles need to be (or will be) owned and registered by either: you, your spouse/civil/domestic partner, a close relative residing at the same address, your company or is the subject of a private or personal leasing contract.

Wow, you bolded the wrong words.Your vehicle is not "subject of a private or personal leasing contract". You keep telling us it's a business lease.

Your insurance is invalid.
              You are effectively uninsured and breaking the law.

Sometimes I don't know why I bother asking questions on this forum.
              Is it to make others look smart?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                I'm not - trouble is you aren't reading the right HMRC documentation and using randomly selected headlines to justify your inaccurate assumptions and I have better things to waste my time on than incompetent idiots.
                It's funny how you seem to be unable to actually post a link to the *right* documentation.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Wow, you bolded the wrong words.Your vehicle is not "subject of a private or personal leasing contract". You keep telling us it's a business lease.

Your insurance is invalid.
                  You are effectively uninsured and breaking the law.

Is it to make others look smart?
                  Wow I hope you are not a software developer because you seem to be unable to grasp the concept of the word 'OR'. Registered to your company OR subject of a private or personal leasing contract. Do I have to spell this out for you?

You can't read.
                  You have failed to provide any links or references for the nonsense that you are producing in this thread. If you don't have something useful to say - don't bother.

Comment

It's funny how you seem to be unable to actually post a link to the *right* documentation.

It's funny how you don't know the difference between company and personal.

It's people like you that have caused the IR35 problems. Want the benefits of a business while refusing to act like one.

Comment

Wow I hope you are not a software developer because you seem to be unable to grasp the concept of the word 'OR'. Registered to your company OR subject of a private or personal leasing contract. Do I have to spell this out for you?

You can't read.
                      You have failed to provide any links or references for the nonsense that you are producing in this thread. If you don't have something useful to say - don't bother.
                      Wow, I hope you are not a software developer because you seem to be unable to grasp the concept of the word 'AND'.
                      Do I have to spell this out for you?

owned AND registered
                      If it was "Owned or registered", then the argument would be different. But it's not.
                      The vehicle is not owned by you, and you do not have a private lease on it.

You can't read.

Actually, you can read, you just don't like reading things that don't suit your thoughts

Comment

Working...
                      X