Agency wont pay my invoice because end customer has not paid them Agency wont pay my invoice because end customer has not paid them - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 53
  1. #11

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    44,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mjcp View Post
    *WHEN* did they ask you to sing it / *WHEN* did you sign it?

    I have only had one agency insist I sign it BEFORE they told me who the end client was / arranged the interview. All the others were after interview... therefore, all invalid as you need to opt-out BEFORE introduction.

    M
    I am not aware of a single case where the opt in/out status has made one iota of difference in a dispute sadly.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  2. #12

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    The actual question is did you sign the agency opt out at the appropriate time? Chances are you didn't - but either way you shouldn't be using Safe Collections now just spend the money and hit the courts.
    I was asked to sign it along with the contract. I was already introduced to the client as I had interviewed with them at their office premise before the contract was issued.

  3. #13

    bored now

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    25,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aokanlawon View Post
    I was asked to sign it along with the contract. I was already introduced to the client as I had interviewed with them at their office premise before the contract was issued.
    Then it is completely and utterly invalid but don't worry about that yet

    With your signed timesheet and your invoice go to the claims service and register the claim.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  4. #14

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Then it is completely and utterly invalid but don't worry about that yet

    With your signed timesheet and your invoice go to the claims service and register the claim.
    Thank you. I wish I discovered this forum a while back...Thank you so much

  5. #15

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    27,192

    Default

    Are you working via your own Ltd or via a Brolly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  6. #16

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Are you working via your own Ltd or via a Brolly?
    its my Ltd company.

  7. #17

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    27,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aokanlawon View Post
    its my Ltd company.
    Well that removes one potential complexity (a Brolly).

    Agree with others. Send a letter before action giving them 7 days before you start legal action. Then start legal action as per advice above. Safe collections are a decent bunch. I spoke with them recently about a similar-ish issue, and they said they would take the work on if I wanted but they thought it wouldn't be effective and I should go straight to legal action.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  8. #18

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Well that removes one potential complexity (a Brolly).

    Agree with others. Send a letter before action giving them 7 days before you start legal action. Then start legal action as per advice above. Safe collections are a decent bunch. I spoke with them recently about a similar-ish issue, and they said they would take the work on if I wanted but they thought it wouldn't be effective and I should go straight to legal action.
    Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

  9. #19

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    27,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aokanlawon View Post
    Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.
    Best of luck. Make sure you tell us how it turns out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  10. #20

    Fingers like lightning

    Andy Hallett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Then it is completely and utterly invalid but don't worry about that yet

    With your signed timesheet and your invoice go to the claims service and register the claim.
    The wording of the regulation is, from memory, “before introduction or supply”

    Eg you can have introduction without supply.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •