• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency wont pay my invoice because end customer has not paid them

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjcp View Post
    *WHEN* did they ask you to sing it / *WHEN* did you sign it?

I have only had one agency insist I sign it BEFORE they told me who the end client was / arranged the interview. All the others were after interview... therefore, all invalid as you need to opt-out BEFORE introduction.

M
    I am not aware of a single case where the opt in/out status has made one iota of difference in a dispute sadly.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      The actual question is did you sign the agency opt out at the appropriate time? Chances are you didn't - but either way you shouldn't be using Safe Collections now just spend the money and hit the courts.
      I was asked to sign it along with the contract. I was already introduced to the client as I had interviewed with them at their office premise before the contract was issued.

Comment

Originally posted by aokanlawon View Post
        I was asked to sign it along with the contract. I was already introduced to the client as I had interviewed with them at their office premise before the contract was issued.
        Then it is completely and utterly invalid but don't worry about that yet

With your signed timesheet and your invoice go to the claims service and register the claim.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

With your signed timesheet and your invoice go to the claims service and register the claim.
          Thank you. I wish I discovered this forum a while back...Thank you so much

Comment

Are you working via your own Ltd or via a Brolly?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Are you working via your own Ltd or via a Brolly?
              its my Ltd company.

Comment

its my Ltd company.
                Well that removes one potential complexity (a Brolly).

Agree with others. Send a letter before action giving them 7 days before you start legal action. Then start legal action as per advice above. Safe collections are a decent bunch. I spoke with them recently about a similar-ish issue, and they said they would take the work on if I wanted but they thought it wouldn't be effective and I should go straight to legal action.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Well that removes one potential complexity (a Brolly).

Agree with others. Send a letter before action giving them 7 days before you start legal action. Then start legal action as per advice above. Safe collections are a decent bunch. I spoke with them recently about a similar-ish issue, and they said they would take the work on if I wanted but they thought it wouldn't be effective and I should go straight to legal action.
                  Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Comment

Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.
                    Best of luck. Make sure you tell us how it turns out.

Comment

The wording of the regulation is, from memory, “before introduction or supply”

Eg you can have introduction without supply.
                      https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Working...
                      X