• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

secondment: secondee is the director of a limited company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

secondment: secondee is the director of a limited company

Hi,
    I am the director of my limited company. Can I be a secondee and my limited company be the seconder for a secondment role with a host (an organisation)? The host will pay a 'salary' for the secondment role which is fixed for 12 months.
    How can the limited company 'employ' me (the director) such that I can then be seconded to the host?
    Also, how the host pays the limited company (the seconder)?
    Any help will be most appreciated.
    Many thanks,
    Cher

Originally posted by cher View Post
    Hi,
    I am the director of my limited company. Can I be a secondee and my limited company be the seconder for a secondment role with a host (an organisation)? The host will pay a 'salary' for the secondment role which is fixed for 12 months.
    How can the limited company 'employ' me (the director) such that I can then be seconded to the host?
    Many thanks,
    Cher
    Why do you need to be a secondee and what do you actually mean by secondee?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Hi,
      Many thanks,
      Cher
      Have a look here but so many red flags on this one
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Do you mean you (personally) have been offered a job, but you want to put it through your company?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

i have no idea what you are trying to achieve with this.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Hi,
            Many thanks,
            Cher
            Why would one want to do this instead of taking a FTC for 12 months?

It would be much simpler for all parties IMHO.

Can you better explain your thinking around your proposal?
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

If you can tell us which tax are you trying to avoid/reduce by doing this, someone will be along to tell you why this does not work/is a bad idea.

Comment

If this arrangement results in a tax saving, and can be demonstrated to be setup this way for the purpose of that tax saving, then GAAR will apply.

Tax avoidance: general anti-abuse rule guidance - latest version - GOV.UK

IANAL
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  i have no idea what you are trying to achieve with this.
                  Which usually indicates some kind of scheme that won't work.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X