• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State pension qualifying years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheDogsNads View Post
    You send them a copy of the original letter plus a follow up demanding a response. Send it guaranteed next day delivery or first class signed for. Keep the receipt and take a screenshot of confirmation of delivery from the Royal Mail site after the relevant delivery date.

You've just got to keep on at them. one of their tactics is to ignore you until you give up. You must not.
    Thanks but it's the gov, they can keep ignoring forever while I continuously send reminder. What could they risk?

Comment

Originally posted by cwah View Post
      Thanks but it's the gov, they can keep ignoring forever while I continuously send reminder. What could they risk?
      Actually they can't. They have a statutory responsibility.
      You need to be persistent and ask the right questions.
      Who'd have thought intelligent people can be so baffled by basic bureaucracy?
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

That's the attitude they want you to believe and give up. But you must not, you have to keep banging away. This is why you need to keep evidence of your actions.

If you're not prepared to fight, give up. No one said it was going to be easy.

Note this address is for NIC complaints and is slightly differentbut should go to the relevant department.

NIC and EO Complaints
        HM Revenue and Customs
        BX9 1AA
        United Kingdom
        Last edited by TheDogsNads; 4 November 2020, 17:21.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDogsNads View Post
          That's the attitude they want you to believe and give up. But you must not, you have to keep banging away. This is why you need to keep evidence of your actions.

If you're not prepared to fight, give up. No one said it was going to be easy.

Note this address is for NIC complaints and is slightly differentbut should go to the relevant department.

NIC and EO Complaints
          HM Revenue and Customs
          BX9 1AA
          United Kingdom
          Have you ever watched Erin Brokovitch?

The UK Government has a similar defacto response to PG&E (except PG&E actually wrote to claimants telling them No), ignore the first request, think about it on the second and maybe do something on the third.

Most people give up somewhere between 1st and 2nd request, and as the department doesn't have a large enough head count to resolve all issues, they just handle the ones that look like they will kick up a stink. Of course this isn't official policy and they will deny it if challenged, but I bet anyone who has ever dealt with them has expereinced this sort of journey to resolution

Comment

I called the national insurance number and they told me they had technical issue where the call is cut mid way... So after 20 min wait and 5 min chat it just cut.... damn. I'll try again calling

I was also paying myself via the Basic PAYE tool, and I was wondering something:
            [IMG][/IMG]

I normally just put my wage in the "pay amount for income tax purpose" and leave the "Pay amount for NICs purpose" blank. But actually could that be what's missing? Should I put something in this box to get the tax credit? And if so what should I put? Any idea?

Thanks

Comment

I called the national insurance number and they told me they had technical issue where the call is cut mid way... So after 20 min wait and 5 min chat it just cut.... damn. I'll try again calling

I was also paying myself via the Basic PAYE tool, and I was wondering something:
              [IMG][/IMG]

I normally just put my wage in the "pay amount for income tax purpose" and leave the "Pay amount for NICs purpose" blank. But actually could that be what's missing? Should I put something in this box to get the tax credit? And if so what should I put? Any idea?

Thanks
              If you don't know what you are doing - get yourself an accountant - for you will need one when you screw things up.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                If you don't know what you are doing - get yourself an accountant - for you will need one when you screw things up.
                you're also paying yourself about £60 short. Maybe that's why there's no pension payments????
                Dunno really. I leave this to a professional.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  you're also paying yourself about £60 short. Maybe that's why there's no pension payments????
                  I make sure I top it to the max by year end. And lower earning limit is much lower. Shouldn t be the case

Comment

I make sure I top it to the max by year end. And lower earning limit is much lower. Shouldn t be the case

'should not' != 'will not'

pls forgive me if I don't take your advice.......
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                      By the way, I'm not paying myself short. I need to be at the secondary threshold of £732/month to avoid paying any National insurance. That's what's recommended as well by accountants:

The recommendation is to pay between £6241 (Lower Earning Limit of £520/month) to £9500 (£792 Primary Threshold). It indicates it still gets state benefit contribution.

Comment

Working...
                      X