• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant Not Submitted End of Year Accounts - 4 months overdue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tractor Trace View Post
    Well, finally heard back earlier today. They've filed the accounts, apologised and are accepting paying the fine when the penalty notice is served. It was literally just a case of forgetting or failing to press a couple of buttons to submit what were already prepared, authorised accounts. One mistake too many.
    Get the money off them first, then switch.

Comment

Well, finally heard back earlier today. They've filed the accounts, apologised and are accepting paying the fine when the penalty notice is served. It was literally just a case of forgetting or failing to press a couple of buttons to submit what were already prepared, authorised accounts. One mistake too many.
      If they're making lots of other mistakes as your final sentence suggests, totally appreciate you'll want to move.

If this is the only mistake of significance though, they've made a mistake, apologised, and are accepting the consequences should be suffered by them, not you. No person or business is perfect, we all make mistakes.

Still, good outcome compared to where you thought you might be yesterday, so well done

Comment

A bit of a concern though that the accountant was asking me whether the penalty notice gets sent to my home address or the registered company address ( I use theirs). Seeing as he's the accountant surely he should be telling me or at least knowing the answer. I would have thought it would be issued to the company address?

As I am reliant on them forwarding any mail which arrives then it's a case of fingers crossed that they don't cock that up too. In the past they have failed to send items of mail. No sign of a penalty notice yet and I never even got a notification by post that the deadline was missed, which I'm not sure whether HMRC send.

Comment

I see more reasons to get rid of them but no action to do so..
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            I see more reasons to get rid of them but no action to do so..
            I will do but the issue of the penalty notice must be dealt with first, hence why I asked the question on the standard procedure of HMRC notifying and issuing them. There would be no point starting the move over to another accountant right in the middle of all this, when my current one has agreed to settle the bill. If I leave now they might think they have an opportunity to wriggle out of it.

Comment

I will do but the issue of the penalty notice must be dealt with first, hence why I asked the question on the standard procedure of HMRC notifying and issuing them. There would be no point starting the move over to another accountant right in the middle of all this, when my current one has agreed to settle the bill. If I leave now they might think they have an opportunity to wriggle out of it.
              I agree. You can't move until this is resolved. It's still worth having a chat with other accountants so you have the new one lined up when you're ready to switch.

Comment

Working...
              X