• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going to the Darkside - what to do with Company any ideas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to the Darkside - what to do with Company any ideas

Hi

Been out for 6 months, I have been approached by previous client for a perm role £70k plus share pension medical dental etc, remote working and work is easy

So not a bad package Not what I was getting as contract obviously but ok

I am going to keep my LTD open in case I go back but I was wondering what to do with the money in the business

As I am 53 I though about putting a lump sum in a pension and drawing a div or

Should I draw it all out as a div

Or anything else?

Just wondering what you guys have done

I have asked my accountant and have yet to hear anything

Thanks
    Last edited by redman; 29 September 2020, 12:16.

Originally posted by redman View Post
    Hi

Been out for 6 months, I have been approached by previous client for a perm role £70k plus share pension medical dental etc, remote working and work is easy

So not a bad package Not what I was getting as contract obviously but ok

I am going to keep my LTD open in case I go back but I was wondering what to do with the money in the business

As I am 53 I though about putting a lump sum in a pension and drawing a div

Should I draw it out as a div

Just wondering what you guys have done

Thanks
    Anything beyond 15k as a dividend is likely to push you into high rate tax territory.

Personally if you don't need the money in cash and you aren't talking about £00,000s - 15k as a dividend and use your pension allowances (remembering to reclaim the Corporation tax you've paid back) as the pensions come from pre-taxed income.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Anything beyond 15k as a dividend is likely to push you into high rate tax territory.

Personally if you don't need the money in cash and you aren't talking about £00,000s - 15k as a dividend and use your pension allowances (remembering to reclaim the Corporation tax you've paid back) as the pensions come from pre-taxed income.
      Thanks and that is why I asked on here to get excellent advice.....I never thought about the company tax element

As the role will not start till end of October, 5 months in this tax year not sure that I would be pushed into HT bracket but will check with the accountant

Thanks again some great pointers

Comment

Have you been through your options with your accountant?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Have you been through your options with your accountant?
          Did you read the original post?

Originally posted by redman View Post
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Did you read the original post?
            Not all of it it seems.

I think he's editted it on purpose to make me look like an idiot....

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Not all of it it seems.

Why bother?

Comment

Not all of it it seems.

I think you're right. And its not the first time - I've seen people do that on dozens of your replies!

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                  I think you're right. And its not the first time - I've seen people do that on dozens of your replies!
                  Just to add

sorry I never edited the post to add that, cant see any reason why I would need to do that

Comment

Not all of it it seems.

You don't need any help from the o.p. to do that.
                    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                    X