• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going to the Darkside - what to do with Company any ideas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redman View Post
    Just to add

sorry I never edited the post to add that, cant see any reason why I would need to do that
    We know

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Not all of it it seems.

I think he's editted it on purpose to make me look like an idiot....

I checked. He didn't edit it. You are an idiot, I'm afraid.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Pension, all day every day. It's free money. Plus you can draw on some of it tax free at 55.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          Pension, all day every day. It's free money. Plus you can draw on some of it tax free at 55.
          57 now with the latest changes but it's best not to unless you really need to.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            57 now with the latest changes but it's best not to unless you really need to.
            Where have you got that from ? Still 55 the last time I looked.

Original Poster - you just pay into your pension directly from your Ltd ( max £40K + 3 years backdating if unused) , it counts as an expense. So tax and NI free until withdrawn. If you can afford to do it and not pay dividends it's a bit of a no brainer tax and NI wise.

Taking 25% Tax-free Cash from your Pension

Comment

Just went dormant with mine

I decided to keep my LTD, I haven't gone to the total dark side, I went back to Umbrella. I took a contract which is 'on the tools' to get through Covid etc.,

Most of my contracts will always be considered outside anyway, yes I don't do anything but talk

So I made my LTD dormant, there's money still in there and I'm going to leave it there until I get better advice on what to do with it when I get near 57.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                Where have you got that from ? Still 55 the last time I looked.

Original Poster - you just pay into your pension directly from your Ltd ( max £40K + 3 years backdating if unused) , it counts as an expense. So tax and NI free until withdrawn. If you can afford to do it and not pay dividends it's a bit of a no brainer tax and NI wise.

Taking 25% Tax-free Cash from your Pension
                It's Govt confirms 2028 rise in pension freedom age - Pensions Age Magazine - not until 2028 though so it's delayed a bit
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
                  I decided to keep my LTD, I haven't gone to the total dark side, I went back to Umbrella. I took a contract which is 'on the tools' to get through Covid etc.,

Most of my contracts will always be considered outside anyway, yes I don't do anything but talk

So I made my LTD dormant, there's money still in there and I'm going to leave it there until I get better advice on what to do with it when I get near 57.
                  You are ok still at 55 ( see eek's latest post ). You really should be paying as much as you can afford into a SIPP. I am working through an umbrella and paying myself the minimum wage on hours worked and the rest ( the vast majority of it ) goes into a SIPP. My tax and NI bill comes to sums like 57p :-) It is taxable when it comes out of the SIPP but you'll have £12K tax free and you've avoided a double dose of NI.

My Ltd got fully struck off today
                  Last edited by rootsnall; 30 September 2020, 13:05. Reason: edit

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post

Can i just ask whether you are sure about the year back pay? If you have not paid anything for the last few years can you really put up to 120K in one tax year into your pension? I did a google search as well

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
                      Can i just ask whether you are sure about the year back pay? If you have not paid anything for the last few years can you really put up to 120K in one tax year into your pension? I did a google search as well
                      SIPP Allowance, SIPP Maximum Contribution Limit, HMRC Investment Rules

Pension carry forward

Pension carry forward rules let you make contributions above your annual allowance. If you paid in less than your annual allowance in any of the past three tax years you can carry forward the unused allowance, as long as you had a SIPP or other pension in place for each of the three years and your total contributions don’t exceed your current earnings.

So you'd need to earn it in the current year.

Comment

Working...
                      X