• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Universal Credit advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Universal Credit advice

Hi all,

The time comes that i am getting shafted and let go and i am thinking of claiming universal credit as i can't see any help for LTDs directors in the horizon.

Shall i issue myself a P45 before i contact UC?

The guidance also says :

Business assets

If you are gainfully self-employed your business assets will not be taken into account when you make a Universal Credit claim. Nor will they be considered when we work out how much Universal Credit you are entitled to. Business assets include things like machinery, premises and cash held in your business account.

Has anyone had any issues with that?

Thanks

Im sorry to hear of your change in circumstances. Just bear in mind Universal Credot is £400 a month for a single person and you need less then 16k savings to qualify

I don’t know anyone in my circle of friends who claimed it

The benefit system in the Uk is dreadful sadly

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
      Im sorry to hear of your change in circumstances. Just bear in mind Universal Credot is £400 a month for a single person and you need less then 16k savings to qualify

Unless you have kids

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post

yeah totally agree with you. They just put hurdles everywhere.

Comment

Working...
        X