• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office Chair Purchase

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone care to recommend a chair that works well with a carpet. My loft study has a medium-sized pile which shows up when manoeuvring on a chair.

I have heard you can get buy special castor wheels designed for carpets but have no idea.

PS don't like the idea of getting a plastic sheet for the chair.

Comment

You want smooth casters (nylon/metal), not rubberised ones, as the rubber drags on carpet and damages it.

However, that won't get over the general issue that the load bearing into five small points of focus will still cause dents in the carpet.

Comment

I have a perspex carpet protector which cover the roughly sq. metre that my chair covers. IKEA special.

KOLON, Floor protector, 120x100 cm - IKEA
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorBanking View Post
          Anyone care to recommend a chair that works well with a carpet. My loft study has a medium-sized pile which shows up when manoeuvring on a chair.

I have heard you can get buy special castor wheels designed for carpets but have no idea.

There is this great thing just been released called Google. Saves people from looking incompetent..
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Ask your accountant! And if you can't ask your accountant, ask Google!

Whaddya think this is. A forum or summat?

Comment

Originally posted by Amanensia View Post
              Ask your accountant! And if you can't ask your accountant, ask Google!

Whaddya think this is. A forum or summat?
              It's for drivel, not actual help.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                It's for drivel, not actual help.
                Someone called?

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorBanking View Post

I went for the hard compound casters as most of my floors are hard wood but the flooring in my study is carpet, though it has no pile as such so I'm guessing they will suit.

Should be here any day now (looks for the rubbing hands together with glee smiley)

Comment

Working...
                  X