• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Invoice Format

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invoice Format

Maarning all,

Just a quick one - the agency through which I work has had to push all its payroll operations to the sole preferred supplier that the end client will have in place from April next.
    And it's a right PITA because this new intermediary has a different accounting period to my agency so they overlap which makes timesheet management tedious to say the least. Added to that, they have no timesheet system so I have to email screenshots of copies of the approved weekly timesheets including the remaining days of the month that run over to the next week, but not the days of the new month that are also in that week. And it has to be a separate pdf file for each week.

Now they are stipulating I change the format of my invoice and I feel like telling them to stick it because I am wasting an inordinate amount of time on their non-existing timesheet system. I know I'm just going to have to change my template and suck it up and this is more of a rant but presumably they have no right to make this demand do they considering my existing template has served me well for years and contains all the necessary info?

I would ask what you are on about but WFTH has saved us the bother by banning you.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

As long as your invoice contains the required information then it's a legal invoice.

They can't dictate to you where to place that info on your invoice.

But since they are the sole company receiving an invoice from you and they made a request it makes sense for you to change it to accommodate them.

Comment

How do these accounts get to 69 posts before being banned. No wonder the owner keeps coming back. He must be laughing his tits off at the moderation.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          How do these accounts get to 69 posts before being banned. No wonder the owner keeps coming back. He must be laughing his tits off at the moderation.
          Given the typical post of a newbie on this site it's very hard to tell the difference between a sockie master and a actual real life person / poster. You would think there would be a way to tell the difference but I actually don't think there is.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Given the typical post of a newbie on this site it's very hard to tell the difference between a sockie master and a actual real life person / poster. You would think there would be a way to tell the difference but I actually don't think there is.
            Yeah I guess but we call out many of them well before mods do anything about it. We called Rearden out just a few posts in. This one bantering on about his chair as well. Ah well.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If you're a low grade troll, I guess you're going to aim for the low-hanging fruit of CUK moderators.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                If you're a low grade troll, I guess you're going to aim for the low-hanging fruit of CUK moderators.
                My fear of insulting the moderators is that you may end up being asked to be one.

Comment

Because, unlike the armchair warriors, we have to give all posters the benefit of the doubt. It is entirely possible, and has happened, that some poor sap has a phraseology and chosen handle that's awfully close to a Gricer clone. But it's also that being a sockie isn't and of itself, grounds for banning. Only when they start trolling. Especially in the professional forums.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    the low-hanging fruit of CUK moderators.
                    That's why I wear tighty-whites.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X