• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need a recommendation for Tax Advisor - Loan Charge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a recommendation for Tax Advisor - Loan Charge

Hi,

I'm trying to help my girlfriend with her loan charge issues. We've both been in the same situation and both had roughly the same amount of loans. I've sorted all of my settlement out now, but HMRC seemingly dragged their heal on sorting out my girlfriends. For a while they were sending correspondence to an address not know to us in London (we live in Wales!!). We made a complaint to the ICO regarding this as a data breach and in response (eventually) HMRC decided that a cheque for £50 was suitable compensation for their mistake, which we promptly decided to never cash.

The up shot of this is now the deadlines has passed and they are trying to get her to pay the loan charge (we have settled the loans) and then enter into an agreement for paying the tax. She was trying to reach a settlement but due to them dealing everything and the above issue we didn't come to a settlement and now want to get a tax advisor onboard as this has gone past what we can deal with.

We were using Templeton Brooks but they just seemed like money grabbing b... people who did nothing to further our cause except take money from us.

So I'm here trying to find a recommended advisor that will actually help us and fight our corner.

You could try chatting to Webberg on here, although I believe he's quite busy right now.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Is Webberg a tax advisor?

I think I've seem his/her posts in some other threads a few weeks back

Comment

Gilbert

I would recommend Gilberts, however I suspect they too are also very busy. Worth a try though.

Comment

Originally posted by mattlethargic View Post
          Is Webberg a tax advisor?

I think I've seem his/her posts in some other threads a few weeks back
          Webberg is a director of Home: WTT Consulting - Tax | Legal | Wealth.

Call WTT and speak to them. They will help you navigate this mess.

WTT won a contractor UK award last year Contracting Awards 2019: winners in full

(I am no longer a WTT client but have used them in the past)
          Last edited by borisbike3; 17 October 2020, 09:43.

Comment

Working...
          X