• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Cater Allen website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still waiting for a OTP code that has never come.

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
      I hate the fact banks use this. SMS messages can be queued and arrive much later. One year I remember everyone on EE was flooded with messages from the last 2 weeks just after New Year.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
        It is unbelievably clunky.

In this day and age whereby it is so easy to stand on the shoulders of giants which, in this case, would be a perfectly working and streamlined site, why on earth they couldn't just copy the processes of one such example is beyond me.

I sent the below feedback which I was promised would be worked on but, Covid was chewing up resources elsewhere.

1. When there is only one account from which to choose, please can this field come pre-populated?
        2. Can the boxes to complete with PAC codes etc. be pre-populated with the cursor…?
        3. Can the cursor auto move from PAC boxes to Password box?
        4. When paying Payees, please can the reference be manageable from the Paying page? Currently the reference, or invoice number, is that which was for the previous occurrence. I would prefer Not to have to alter the Payee information every time just for an interchanging Invoice Number
        5. The inputting of the entire PAC code is a bit excessive – especially as it has already been input as part of the access to the account.
        6. The OTC – could this be only for the setting up of new payees. An OTC for every-single-payment is exhausting.
        7. Sometimes when trying to make a Payment, none of the Payees are listed. The list is blank…?? This is completely random but equally very annoying and time consuming to arrive at a populated list of Payees from which to choose.
        8. The Download a statement does not allow to Save as a CSV. Can this be changed, especially as you don’t have OpenBanking Feeds set up yet. Indeed, the Download a Statement seems not to work as of 1st April.

While OpenBanking has been resolved, since then, it appears they've Upped the number of times OTC's are used. It is a right PITA.

Anyway, this thread has suitably reminded me to ask for an update, which has now been sent.
        Christ almighty. You’ve spent longer writing this moan than I did logging in to the new portal and setting up the link to FreeAgent.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by JHamp82 View Post
          I was with Cater Allen for a few years and always found the portal terrible.

Recently opened and account with Mettle and they have been excellent so far.
          Mettle is OK but no FSCS protection and £10k transfer limit.
          I’ll keep both thank you.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            Christ almighty. You’ve spent longer writing this moan than I did logging in to the new portal and setting up the link to FreeAgent.
            You're on fire at the moment. 'founder' is still licking his wounds elsewhere.

Less 'moan', more 'constructive feedback'.

Anyway, I type with more than two fingers and all the bullets were copied and pasted from an email sent earlier direct to Cater.

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
              You're on fire at the moment. 'founder' is still licking his wounds elsewhere.

Less 'moan', more 'constructive feedback'.

Anyway, I type with more than two fingers and all the bullets were copied and pasted from an email sent earlier direct to Cater.
              I'm sure they're very grateful for your valuable input.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                I'm sure they're very grateful for your valuable input.
                Rest assured I have it on good authority that they were.

But to allow you to go on with the rest of your day, I will concede the sarcasm honours to you sir.

Comment

Er, something happened to my phone to make it go completely no signal. Once I restarted it, the OTP came in. Not really Cater Allen's fault and later I was able to get back in without a hitch.

Got to be fair.

Comment

Seems the world's going OTC nuts right now. Is it a bloody fashion?

Even Jobserve now requires you to juggle laptop and phone to input an OTC, every - time - you - logon! Just for a %$!£-ing job site!! Really?

Feeling pretty fifth rate this morning, so they got a piece of my mind about that...

Comment

Er, something happened to my phone to make it go completely no signal. Once I restarted it, the OTP came in. Not really Cater Allen's fault and later I was able to get back in without a hitch.

Got to be fair.
                      Not sure I trust any bank that thinks SMS is secure enough for authentication. I hope that was truly one time and they use something more secure for transactions

Comment

Working...
                      X