• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Cater Allen website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are people tolerating a rubbish banking portal and a phantom service, that is just a virtual presentation of a larger bank?

If you're like GhostofTarbera and a bit daft, feel free to use Tide or Mettle.

If you actually want protection and a good service then switch to Starling.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
      Why are people tolerating a rubbish banking portal and a phantom service, that is just a virtual presentation of a larger bank?
      I don't need to use the online service very often, and it does everything I want. Although the old website was a bit clunky, and the new one is maybe even clunkier.

They have a large / too big to fail bank behind them. They don't charge, they used to pay a useful rate of interest on balances, and their telephone service is very good. I don't ever want to have to use the telephone service, but if I am making a large payment I am forced to, and I'm not sure how this would work with Starling.

I would have probably signed up to them by now if it was possible to do so online instead of via an app on my phone.

Comment

Having spoken to them today for other reasons, am told that all the OTC nonsense is indeed being streamlined following many people's similar feedback.

While no timeline was offered or available, it is apparently in the next scheduled update and OTC's will be used for sign ins only from non-recognised devices.

All of which means, Lance can stick his sarcasm elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
          Having spoken to them today for other reasons, am told that all the OTC nonsense is indeed being streamlined following many people's similar feedback.

While no timeline was offered or available, it is apparently in the next scheduled update and OTC's will be used for sign ins only from non-recognised devices.

All of which means, Lance can stick his sarcasm elsewhere.
          Life's too short to worry about me surely?
          Definitely too short to be helping out a bank for free.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
            Seems the world's going OTC nuts right now. Is it a bloody fashion?

Even Jobserve now requires you to juggle laptop and phone to input an OTC, every - time - you - logon! Just for a %$!£-ing job site!! Really?

Feeling pretty fifth rate this morning, so they got a piece of my mind about that...
            I occasionally use a site called NextDoor which is kind of a local social networking site for news and stuff going on in your neighbourhood. Even that requires a OTC sent to your email address which seems a bit OTT given most of the stories on my feed seem to be about lost pets or someone looking for a plumber.

Comment

The re-registraton was a bit poor but worked eventually. One stumbling block was having to set a new user name. It said "if you are an existing customer you can continue to use your old user name". This is not wholly correct. I tried to use my old name and it was rejected for not having enough letters, numbers or similar.

The new UI is clunkier than the old, but that's par for the course. Any new portal will always be less usable, less readable, and more idiosyncratic than the last. Ever since fashion got its claws firmly into UI design, when was it - about 10 years ago? Remember the "flat" design wave that camouflaged all the buttons, reducing everyone's productivity by 10% ? And the low-contrast font debacle of 2016 or so ? Madness. At least that one disappeared without trace, thankfully.

Anyway CA is not to bad just needs a bit of polish. And they could never be accused of being slaves to fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
                I occasionally use a site called NextDoor which is kind of a local social networking site for news and stuff going on in your neighbourhood. Even that requires a OTC sent to your email address which seems a bit OTT given most of the stories on my feed seem to be about lost pets or someone looking for a plumber.
                Hmm.

Ref Jobserve, apparently the OTC stuff is something you can switch off if you feel it is too laboursome.

And so off it went...

Comment

Working...
                X