• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brainstorming: Umbrella - furlough situation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Compliance.
    Who has an issue with compliance today? And compliance with what? As far as I am aware, there are no regulatory compliance requirements for Umbrellas.

I'm still not clear who the beneficiary of this solution/service is/will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
      Who has an issue with compliance today? And compliance with what? As far as I am aware, there are no regulatory compliance requirements for Umbrellas.

I'm still not clear who the beneficiary of this solution/service is/will be.
      If you can't work out what it fixes then I've done exactly what I intended to, answering the question 100% correctly while revealing absolutely nothing but there is enough information to work out what I'm doing if you think about it.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Whilst I understand the pitfalls & downside of brollies furloughing contractors who were eligible, they’re obviously not showstoppers as a great many umbrellas (seemingly the majority) did participate in the CJRS. Lucy @ Clarity, PayStream, Parasol, Mango, Giant … presumably because their ethos isn’t all about maximising their profit. There were a few exceptions of course, who are only in it for themselves, such as Contractor Umbrella.

Comment

Originally posted by Wary View Post
          Whilst I understand the pitfalls & downside of brollies furloughing contractors who were eligible, they’re obviously not showstoppers as a great many umbrellas (seemingly the majority) did participate in the CJRS. Lucy @ Clarity, PayStream, Parasol, Mango, Giant … presumably because their ethos isn’t all about maximising their profit. There were a few exceptions of course, who are only in it for themselves, such as Contractor Umbrella.
          Is that so? Nice if it is.
          It is not fair an eligible contractor not to be furloughed.
          A typical brolly contractor has lost upto £15k for the last 6 months is not on it.

Comment

Originally posted by anim View Post
            It is not fair an eligible contractor not to be furloughed.
            A typical brolly contractor has lost upto £15k for the last 6 months is not on it.
            I suspect that many brollies may have ended their participation in the furlough scheme after July, when the employer was expected to start contributing some of the wages. I've not really seen much feedback on these forums either way though.

Comment

Frankly I dont think there will ever be any 80%, no employer chip in scheme any more.

Comment

Originally posted by anim View Post
                In case you've not already seen it, there are specific reviews on Umbrellas & their participation in CJRS
                Find fairer IR35 & CV19 clients, agents & brollys. OffPayroll.org.uk
                Bear in mind that one can't be sure how genuine all reviews are of course, especially as it is not necessary to register and some appear to have written multiple reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  If you can't work out what it fixes then I've done exactly what I intended to, answering the question 100% correctly while revealing absolutely nothing but there is enough information to work out what I'm doing if you think about it.
                  No really. You've still not said what the issue is other than "Compliance".

It really hope its not another contractor-brainwave-solution for a problem that does not really exist, but, I'll hold my own personal judgement until you're ready for your grand unveiling. I hope its worth it - you've been hinting at something big for a couple of weeks now.

I'm particularly interested who the customer is (ie, who is paying for it, in some form) for this "compliance" issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X