• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

fixed assets or expense

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Seems not.

As I go throught the pages, all I keep seeing are your non-sense, passove aggresive replies : I find it amusing.

Its simple, either add to the conversation, of mind your own bussiness.

Comment

Originally posted by kia2094 View Post
      As I go throught the pages, all I keep seeing are your non-sense, passove aggresive replies [emoji23]laugh[emoji23] I find it amusing.

Its simple, either add to the conversation, of mind your own bussiness.
      Now I'll admit that I do so this from time to time some of my comments, like the one above, do have a kind of advice element to it. They guy is struggling with his finances but doesn't seem to think so. I'm merely pointing out its not working for him.

I also assume you are including my comments about asking accountants as well. I've explained it many times but it's still the best advice in many situations where people come on asking simplisitic questions, leave with and an answer but still don't have a solution.

But thanks for your input.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If you're literally starting out and have no accounting experience, it's always worth taking on an accountant for the first couple of years to understand the ins and outs and get to grips with the various accounting procedures and cycles. You can't get a full picture from books, online fora and random reading of bits of HMRC manuals.

I have 9 years' experience of working in accounts and ran the treasury department for a large company prior to going freelance but, after 15 years of trading, I still use an accountant for an end of year sense check as I know I don't know everything.

Going it alone from a position of no experience is risky. Using an accountant is an expense, true, but is one that could save you a lot of money and a lot of time.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          If you're literally starting out and have no accounting experience, it's always worth taking on an accountant for the first couple of years to understand the ins and outs and get to grips with the various accounting procedures and cycles. You can't get a full picture from books, online fora and random reading of bits of HMRC manuals.

I have 9 years' experience of working in accounts and ran the treasury department for a large company prior to going freelance but, after 15 years of trading, I still use an accountant for an end of year sense check as I know I don't know everything.

Going it alone from a position of no experience is risky. Using an accountant is an expense, true, but is one that could save you a lot of money and a lot of time.
          Indeed. Like this guy for example...

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2822441
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Now I'll admit that I do so this from time to time some of my comments, like the one above, do have a kind of advice element to it.
            To be absolutely fair to you, I wonder if the only reason you incessantly state, 'Get an accountant' is because the sheer number of times it has been said means it is the only statement guaranteed to be correctly spelt and constructed.

As to the above quoted, my confusion wonders if it might need a little tightening. Especially as you have been the spellchecker police to others in your time.

Lead first by example?

Comment

Working...
            X