• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting through an outsourced software development company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting through an outsourced software development company

Hi
    I have a contract option with an outsourced software development company who provide individual contract resources into some companies and whole teams into others. My question is who is responsible for determining IR35 status ? Is it the end client or the company offering me the contract ?
    Thanks in advance.

S

You are.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
      You are.
      Until April 2021 - afterwards it depends on the nature of the relationship between the software house and their end clients and their ultimate decision.

Given that you will be doing work very similar to permanent members of the software house I suspect you may find yourself deemed as inside.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Until April 2021 - afterwards it depends on the nature of the relationship between the software house and their end clients and their ultimate decision.
        Sure, but that's still over 6 months away. A life time in contract terms.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          Sure, but that's still over 6 months away. A life time in contract terms.
          Not if you are signing a 6 month contract now - as that takes you well into April next year..
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It sounds like the software development co. is acting as an agency. This is because they're charge your hours directly to the client. What is important is how you work at the client. If you were working on some project which were to be controlled by the software development co. then it would be that company.
            Last edited by BlasterBates; 20 October 2020, 15:17.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
            X