• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Payments recieved (in bank etc) notifications via email in 'real time' or close to it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payments recieved (in bank etc) notifications via email in 'real time' or close to it

Hi all,

Hope you are all well!

I am asking for help signposting to a product / solution out there that provides individual email notifications each time a payment is received in the bank (i.e. as soon as someone pays their invoice via bank transfer etc we get notified immediately).

Am aware of bank feeds etc through the likes of Xero but this is lagged by an hour (or much more somethings) and still requires a manual check.

Also GoCardless for direct debit payments emails a notification each time one of these payments is made or at least when all have been paid on a recurring bill run which is nice (but most payments are not via direct debit so the remainder - mainly via bank transfer are missed here with instant notifications).

I've heard on the grapevine other people having solutions that see to do things like this but might be one of those products that's not easily found out there on the interweb.

Many thanks in advance and appreciate any help.

Are you looking for a bank/account that provides these notifications, or a product that is bank-agnostic and can do this with any bank/account of your choice?

I doubt the latter can exist and there is no common interface to *all* banks.

Comment

Monzo gives immediate notifications of funds being received.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Monzo gives immediate notifications of funds being received.
        As does Tide and Starling (the latter is from memory).

What you won't get is any platform / bank agnostic approach because banks may use a polling approach for open banking apis rather than transaction triggers.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

We have a Monzo account which gives immediate mobile notifications (not an email) for payments made/received. As per a couple of the comments above, I imagine most of the "new"/"challenger" banks have such a feature. Probably a few of the more traditional banks with mobile apps can do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
            We have a Monzo account which gives immediate mobile notifications (not an email) for payments made/received. As per a couple of the comments above, I imagine most of the "new"/"challenger" banks have such a feature. Probably a few of the more traditional banks with mobile apps can do the same.
            The Halifax app also provides payment in/out notifications. Although sometimes seemingly real-time, I suspect some level of polling takes place as there can be delays too.

Comment

I don't receive anything with HSBC (personal or business).

Not aware of any emailed notifications from any banking service I've used, which is what the OP was talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                The Halifax app also provides payment in/out notifications. Although sometimes seemingly real-time, I suspect some level of polling takes place as there can be delays too.

Yes, the Halifax app will do it, and you can configure Halifax to do text messages as well. I turned them off (apart from when setting up new payees) as the days around the end/start of a month just turned into a notification festival.

I'd have a concern if you're running a business or personal account that ran so low you needed immediate notification, where a 1 hour delay would result in the collapse of the company.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

One question: why email?

That would seem to be an odd requirement for payment notifications.

Originally posted by seangrey View Post
                  ...I've heard on the grapevine other people having solutions that see to do things like this but might be one of those products that's not easily found out there on the interweb...
                  If there is a product, then it should be easily found on the internet... otherwise a) it's a piss-poor marketing team or b) it's a dodgy solution.

Ok... so, have you REALLY thought about how to achieve what you're looking for: banks provide SMS alerts; other providers offer SMS to email solutions.

-- edit --

Santander offer email alerting. As do a number of Nigerian banking institutions... maybe go with Santander though, eh?

-- edit --
                  Last edited by wattaj; 21 October 2020, 10:07. Reason: Clarity.
                  ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                  Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Working...
                  X