• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

40%/24 month rule - hours or days

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zonkkk View Post
    It's even better:
    4 months - 0
    5 months - 1 day week
    5 months - 0
    7 months - 2 days a week. (I'm in the second month of doing this at the moment)

Then my renewal will be due but end date will take me over 24 months with this client.

So I got nothing to worry about then.

Yes, in terms of the 40% rule, you've got nothing to worry about for now.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      FTFY
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        I'll make sure I stay under 40% on a rolling 24 months basis. I have already added my "office time" / "home time" formula in my personal timesheet which tracks hours worked rather than days. It's on a monthly basis for now. I'll change it to 24 month totals once I go over that with this client.

Comment

Originally posted by zonkkk View Post
          I'll make sure I stay under 40% on a rolling 24 months basis. I have already added my "office time" / "home time" formula in my personal timesheet which tracks hours worked rather than days. It's on a monthly basis for now. I'll change it to 24 month totals once I go over that with this client.
          Don't forget that the rules apply as soon as you know you will exceed 24 months, not when you actually do. So signing a 6 month extension after 20 months puts you in scope.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
          X