• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corporation Tax: trading and non-trading

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    one brother and one uncle....
    Nobody pays two firms. Certainly not the OP.

To the OP. Not sure there is any particular advantage in having one start vs. another. I'd just got for date of incorporation. You're going to have to do your filings against that date. And if say you started your CT year at the beginning on the next month (which it will become moving forward), there's not much extra paperwork.

So my suggestion is engage an accountant formally. And not a family member. And take their advice. Read the sticky thread for recommendations and lengthy discussions.

Your logic makes sense,

If I set the trading date to earlier or later date, considering I have no sale, are the expense before the stated trading date are treated differently than those after ?

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
      Why do you think that this matters?
      Im filling for CT, one of the questions is what is that start trading date.

Im researching why this matters, does it effect the was I fill the accounts? How does expenses are treated before that date?

Comment

Originally posted by kia2094 View Post
        Your logic makes sense,

If I set the trading date to earlier or later date, considering I have no sale, are the expense before the stated trading date are treated differently than those after ?
        You can still claim expenses back before a company started anyway..
        Contractors' Questions: Can I claim expenses before starting a company?.

I could be mistaken here but it doesn't appear to make much difference either way so just pick one and get on with it.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          You can still claim expenses back before a company started anyway..
          Contractors' Questions: Can I claim expenses before starting a company?.

I could be mistaken here but it doesn't appear to make much difference either way so just pick one and get on with it.
          That is my question as well, what the catch on this? Why do they need trading date?

Comment

Originally posted by kia2094 View Post
            That is my question as well, what the catch on this? Why do they need trading date?
            What else do they call it?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Since CT is levied on profits per company year, i regret I fail to understand why this is a question. No sales equals no profits equals no CT. And losses can be carried forward to offset CT the next year.

Get an Accountant...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
              X