Adding a foreign shareholder Adding a foreign shareholder - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 105
  1. #11

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    44,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paralytic View Post
    Without saying WHY you want to do this, and on what basis, no-one can answer your question. The WHAT you are doing could either be classed as avoidance (legal) or evasion (illegal) depending on the WHY.

    So, what is the bigger picture here? Does the person already own the shares? How is/was the transfer of shares done? Was it a gift? Did they pay for them? Were the shares in exchange for something else (a non-financial transaction)?
    I have a feeling this is one those threads where the OP is looking for an answer and he's going to do it anyway.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  2. #12

    Godlike

    Lance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    home
    Posts
    5,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    So what does your business gain from having this additional shareholder, taking funds out of the business? Are they putting in lots of capital or providing expertise that your company needs to grow?
    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Why do you want to give your money away like that? Withdrawing money via dividends comes with tax benefits, to gain an unfair advantage using dividends incorrectly to meet an end which pays less tax is evasion. Like all proceeds, they exist legally but abuse them and they become a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paralytic View Post
    Without saying WHY you want to do this, and on what basis, no-one can answer your question. The WHAT you are doing could either be classed as avoidance (legal) or evasion (illegal) depending on the WHY.

    So, what is the bigger picture here? Does the person already own the shares? How is/was the transfer of shares done? Was it a gift? Did they pay for them? Were the shares in exchange for something else (a non-financial transaction)?
    money laundering????
    See You Next Tuesday

  3. #13

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    44,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    money laundering????
    Maybe he's one of those nice philatelistic or whatever type people that live giving their money away to good causes and he's actually saving starving children in war torn africa. You'll feel bad calling him a money launderer if that's the case... BIDI.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kazh View Post
    Thanks! the person is not my spouse, family member, or remotely related to me, nor are they in any other business with me, or in any business remotely connected or benefiting directly or indirectly, they don't have another business or company.

    I cannot access the money at all in any way directly, indirectly, remotely, etc, and cannot gain anything from the use of that money in any other way

    My goal is to have a shareholder who can legally withdraw dividends without doing anything even slightly dodgy or shady whatsoever
    So fill in company house forms to make Mr Tarax Dodger (lets call him) a director

    Send form to whatever bank is holding your funds as presumably you have failed KYC + passport + utility bills + contact of employment

    Bank will release funds to Mr Tarax dodger

    Mr Tarax Dodger can then send you the funds

    Top tip
    Don’t send over £10K in one go, don’t use same bank to send funds




    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

  5. #15

    My post count is Majestic

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    31,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Maybe he's one of those nice philatelistic or whatever type people that live giving their money away to good causes and he's actually saving starving children in war torn africa. You'll feel bad calling him a money launderer if that's the case... BIDI.
    Or it's a cult.

    Or it's a terrorist organisation.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  6. #16

    Double Godlike!

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Or it's a cult.

    Or it's a terrorist organisation.
    Or a terrorist cult organisation

  7. #17

    Contractor Among Contractors

    wattaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    Or a terrorist cult organisation
    Now, now, now... could just be a member of the Conservative Party.
    ---

    Former member of IPSE.


    ---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

    ---

  8. #18

    Double Godlike!


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Work-life balance nirvana
    Posts
    12,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wattaj View Post
    Now, now, now... could just be a member of the Conservative Party.
    Sounds more like Antifa to me.

    In all seriousness, you may be breaching the terms and conditions of your contract if you are not in full control of your limited co.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  9. #19

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    So what does your business gain from having this additional shareholder, taking funds out of the business? Are they putting in lots of capital or providing expertise that your company needs to grow?
    business doesn't gain anything at all, the shareholder is not putting in or has out in any capital or has or will provide any expertise etc
    I just want the shareholder to have money to use how they please and I have no idea how they will use it

  10. #20

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Why do you want to give your money away like that? Withdrawing money via dividends comes with tax benefits, to gain an unfair advantage using dividends incorrectly to meet an end which pays less tax is evasion. Like all proceeds, they exist legally but abuse them and they become a problem.
    I just want the shareholder to have money to use how they please and I have no idea how they will use it, they are a friend.
    I will never see the money again in any capacity or benefit in any way from its use or investment in any way, lets say the shareholder will blow the money on themselves for example

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •