• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Adding a foreign shareholder

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this person your lover ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      And I thought this thread couldn't get any worse lol.
      Hold onto your hats, tarbie's here.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

It's his mistress who he has a child/children with. It's to stop his wife/partner knowing he has other offspring.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

lol no this person is not my lover

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            It's his mistress who he has a child/children with. It's to stop his wife/partner knowing he has other offspring.
            not mistress, I don't have any children, legitimate or illegitimate, I'm not married or have a partner, there's nothing to hide I'm afraid

Comment

Originally posted by kazh View Post
              not mistress, I don't have any children, legitimate or illegitimate, I'm not married or have a partner, there's nothing to hide I'm afraid
              I'm afraid there is. You've not told us why you want to give this person shares and therefore dividends. You don't have to, but unless you do, no-one here can tell you if what you do could cause issues in future.

Its still not clear if this person already owns the shares. Above, you said, which is contradictory/ambiguous/confusing

no the person doesn't already own the shares, not sure how the transfer will be done, I guess bank transfer? they didn't pay for them, the shares are/were not in exchange for something else
              So, does the person own the shares today?

- If not, how will the exchange of shares take place? eg, a gift? will they give you cash, will they do something else in exchange?
              - If so, how did the exchange of shares take place?

People don't just give other people 50% of a company's shares (worth £20K recurring revenue per annum) for no reason.
              Last edited by Paralytic; 30 October 2020, 09:48.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                And I thought this thread couldn't get any worse lol.
                well, I think I got my answer, which is as long as it's nothing shady it's fine thanks for all your tips

Comment

"Hypothetically", why would one want to this?

I can see no good reason to donate shares in one's company to a foreign entity without some form of payback or beneficial arrangement with the other party.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                  Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                    "Hypothetically", why would one want to this?

I can see no good reason to donate shares in one's company to a foreign entity without some form of payback or beneficial arrangement with the other party.

Maybe it's because we're all selfish and don't believe that a gift can truly be made without getting something in return?

Comment

Originally posted by kazh View Post
                      well, I think I got my answer, which is as long as it's nothing shady it's fine thanks for all your tips
                      Gifting a right to the profits of one's labour to a non-tax paying entity should not be done lightly, or without independent, paid-for, professional advice. Take advice. Even though you had made up your mind before coming here.
                      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Working...
                      X