• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are the insurers going to do after next April?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by merseygrit View Post
    How do you go about finding remote work with US-based companies?
    I suspect you aren't the only person wondering about that.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperLooper View Post
      There's an explosion in remote work opportunities (probably IR35-friendly) in the last few months, particularly with US-based clients.
      Really interesting thanks - a quick browse of Dice confirms what you said.

Not appealing to me due to my European timezone and family commitments, but if I was single I would consider relocation to Barbados for a few months and take advantage of these opportunities.

Barbados is introducing a visa that will allow foreigners to work remotely on its beaches | National Post
      ‘His body, his mind and his soul are his capital, and his task in life is to invest it favourably to make a profit of himself.’ (Erich Fromm, ‘The Sane Society’, Routledge, 1991, p.138)

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        When (almost) everyone is paid through PAYE payroll next year, what happens to the businesses that depend on providing nano limited companies with insurance against HMRC investigations? (Thoughts prompted by another thread here asking about insurance for past contracts). What are our "friends" at places like IPSE going yo do? Assuming their move fishing in the wider self employed fish pond has pretty much failed, what happens next at places like that, QDOS etc....?
        The insurers will add to their portfolio of offerings, insurance to companies - as well as maintaining insurance for those that find Outside roles.

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
          The insurers will add to their portfolio of offerings, insurance to companies - as well as maintaining insurance for those that find Outside roles.
          You mean carry on exactly and they are..
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
            A lot of work? Cripes, you must have an amazing skill set. I had no offers since 2015 and had to go overseas (oil and gas).
            Originally posted by SuperLooper View Post
            There's an explosion in remote work opportunities
            Aren't explosions the last thing you want in O&G?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                The explosion isn't nearby though- it's remote

- unless they are sending you the remote so you cop the blame
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  The explosion isn't nearby though- it's remote

- unless they are sending you the remote so you cop the blame
                  Piper Alpha, Texas City refinery, Gulf of Mexico..... sadly many more.

Comment

Ideally?

They will go tits up.

Comment

Originally posted by merseygrit View Post
                      How do you go about finding remote work with US-based companies?
                      Have something worth selling, get some contacts in the US, sell it. I started out by partnering with small companies (some EU based) that had existing US business and bidding on contracts with them as prime, me sub. I also built some contacts when living there for several years.

Probably ain't going to happen if you're a generalist/coder because anyone can hire them from anywhere - there are bazillions of good ones in the US to choose from.

Comment

Working...
                      X